Abbott Vascular Clonmel

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sups love to have control and keep all information to them selves. It's definitely happening. Hope you have a spare 2 weeks holidays.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There not taking two weeks holidays so stop talking bollox, some people might only have two weeks left so they hardly expect them to go 5 months with zero holidays, what will happen will be will be shut for 2 weeks prob in the next 4 to 5 weeks for 2 weeks and we will get the Covid payment and Abbott will top up the rest.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eye roll
    ; )

Just wait and see : l

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Today I ate my first ever banana and peanut butter sandwich. Ye could of told me lads. it was fantastic. The rumors are coming hard now no smoke without fire.

I would like to recommend to everyone working in Abbott to eat a banana and peanut butter sandwich. What ever happens enjoy the sandwich don't be worrying about a multi Billion dollar company, they are not worth the time and energy.

Just slice a banana and spread peanut butter on bread, place the banana slices evenly then spread 2nd slice of bread with peanut butter. Put sandwiche together and cut into triangles. It is such a wonderful texture and worth the time and energy and it goes down well with a nice cup of hot coco.

Please do not try if you are allergic to nuts, wheat or banana it is possible you may die or may need medical assistance. It should be eaten as part of a balanced diet. I want to thank all my colleagues for you cooperation during these uncertain times. Don't worry about that place it will take care of itself just like Fyfes take care of the bananas.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

According to our Sup today, things couldn't be going better, orders are still coming in and sales don't seem to have taken a hit at all. The mind boggles!!!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I ask my Sup this morning about what is going on and about a shut down he said he is only told what's needed to know and Abbott will be shutting down for a little time. Holidays and covid payment. Announcement made soon. Not sure if when.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And that's why temps got calls to say take two weeks off and they would be contacted if they have a job to come back to or not everything good yeah yeah

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well what are Abbott UpTo moving people about to fill in jobs after leaving people go.
    The night shift is a joke. Getting nothing extra for doing it. We're all wrecked but Abbott don't give a shit. I don't see the nights work ever going away when they have free labour. Sweatshop is what we working In.
    Would be great if we could stand up for ourselves but they didn't listen to anyone. Just there people who tell on everyone else.
    Glad to have job but terrible place to work. Can't leave but trying for other job.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking like that they are getting rid of people and hoping some leave they should just let people go who wants to go and others stay that wants to stay in jobs

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All good in the hood had a great weekend all rested and ready for another week in the greatest place to work Abbott Vascular yere all moaners what's wrong with ye complaining non stop alive fit healthy paid a good wage

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really. If you think that they are paying good wage you are cracked. Abbott are the lowest to pay in a 20 mile radius. They have great people doing work in low pay. They don't care as the top dogs are getting all the perks. Bonus with share options. Not to the online workers. It's crap in abbott. Wake up and they thought that they were great given 30€ on canteen cards. Look at all the other factory around. Giving out much more. Abbott are shit end...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jesus some people just can't be happy moaning Michael's you have a job life is good the work is not hard or strenuous yes the company could be better but you get that anywhere you work so what if the fat cats get more they have their degrees yes at times it's like a sweat shop the weekend shift I feel sorry for but most of the guys jumped at the chance & others were forced because of their tempory contracts it's all part of life its one big struggle things could be worse other than that it's all good in the hood

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All I'm hearing is a Moaning Michael ya thing's could be better like wages we minos are at the bottom of a ladder the people at the top got their diplomas fair play to them I feel sorry for the guys on the weekend shift but some jumped at the chance & others were forced because of their contracts yes at times it feels like a sweat shop but the work is not strenuous or hard the company could be better but you get that anywhere you work that's all I have too say other than it's still all good in the hood

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People that jumped at it did so because of childminding issue. People on contracts had no other choice. Then you have a few that were told and didn't have any choice Those people are full-time ops. Sups are picking them. It's going to be a long year for us weekend shift workers. It's going to really bad for out body's. No one should be doing this unless willing and able to do it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the latest rumours we are going on a 3 shift cycle Monday to Friday week of days evenings & nights hours 6am till 2pm 2pm till 10pm & nights 10pm till 6am & the current weekend shift is to last for at least 6 more months what do ya think of that V.C

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well that's not true.

1, have to work 8.5 hours each for our 39 hours per week.

2, how can social distance work, would be tripping over each other coming and going to work.

3, weekend shift is here to stay

Des ops are going to VC and more temps are going to be let go, come winter Abbott will start to hire again.

Stop with the rubbish lies

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

'I think we can do better': Dr Holohan urges more people to wear face masks in public places and enclosed environments

I'm guessing Abbott won't protect it's workers that are keeping the factory running????
    Why can't they offer face masks to anyone who wants to wear them. To protect our workers and ourselves. No one knows if they have it or not.
    Also the social distancing is a joke

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go way you clown, the place is doing its best if you feel unsafe in work go through the correct procedures and take a claim against the company, social distancing very good compared to meat factories, Dr holohan changes his advice every 2nd or 3rd day, Abbott is following guidelines from hse, so you can continue to get paid while the world stops, facemasks are a waste of time nobody got the virus in abbott that's a fact, plenty of people are still cocooning and being paid so give the place some credit, if anything the social distancing is over the top and needs to be reduced to 1 meter ASAP.
    If they decide 3 cycle shift is coming that's fine they can pay a higher shift allowance it would be insane to expect people to work weekends until year end, people would leave as alot of young people who need social interaction when pubs reopen

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said fair play people are taking about a 3 cycle shift personally I wouldn't mind if the shift allowance went up Abbott are doing all they can to social distance & it's working but their's always a clown moaning about his or hers safety I don't know of any employees getting sick so too the clown moaning move on boss