AbbVie Copromotion

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Sep 23, 2015 at 1:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are people feeling about the copromotion with AbbVie for venetoclax in CLL? Crowded market and they have Pharmacyclics with Imbruvica and going after same indications. Any differentiation really there?
    Kind of scary that most of the AbbVie reps have no oncology experience though…do they really get oncology there?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are kidding, right? At some point in your career, you didn't have oncology experience either.

Get over yourself.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When a couple experienced reps found out that it would be newbies with no oncology experience in my regions, the answer to promote venetoclax was a big "no". Nobody wants to do a lot of hand holding with reps with no oncology experience or relationships. This is a launch for Christ's sake in a crowded, competitive field. Abbvie must be low on money after the big splurge with Pharmacyclics and can't afford to hire experienced onc reps…so sad!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think at first managers asked their reps if they would like to become part of this copromotion with abbvie. When people realized that abbvie was hiring no oncology experience from internal candidates, most people have not wanted to do this copromotion.
    What I understand is that people are now being chosen and not asked to go on this launch…which really sucks! Why didn't Genentech tell abbvie to hire oncology reps with at least 5 years onc experience/relationships….which is the norm for a competitive launch!! Stupid oversight….with not good results to follow.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When is starting date for venetoclax division? is the offer contingent on FDA approval or do you start this year?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please get over yourself. In the major disease state you directly compete with Abbvie, Rheumatoid Arthritis; Abbvie kicks your tail ten times over. Remember, you have 3 products for RA: Actemera Infusion, Actemra SC, and Rituxan. Your combined sales for those three products in the RA space, don't come close to Abbvie's sales of Humira for RA. #entitlednotalentjerk

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You genentech losers think only special people understand Oncology. Amgen is giving Enbrel reps Kyprolis to replace all the subpar Onyx oncology rep. Us Humira reps doing Oncology isn't so far fetched.

Genentech is scared we might be better with no experience and show how mediocre Genentech reps truly are.

We are going to eat your lunch!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're a funny little man, Humira is abbvie's bread, butter and gravy.....I'm sure your reps are the best of the best to sell it, right? Our diversified portfolio in oncology along with more in development than any other company makes your portfolio look like a startup. Let the games begin and then we will see who's the experienced sales team

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We will outsell you! Just like we outsell Amgen, BMS, JNJ in Rheumatology! We will OWN YOU AND MAKE YOU OUR BITCH! AVASTIN IS FOR PUSSIES!

Your company should be called GayUpDaASStech

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genentech pussies afraid of abbvie!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was top Humira and I will kill you GenenLosers like I did to the Amgen, JnJ reps! We are going to buy the rights to ventoclax so we don't under utilize it with you chumps.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genentech is the most overrated Oncology company. The reps are trash and can't sell.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. As someone that works within another Genentech division the Oncology folks are so high on themselves and yes they cannot sale b/c they really have not much competition.

Overrated!!!! Just like the rest of us but blessed with great products....

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Enbrel reps thought they were the shit when we first launched Humira and would talk crap to us. Look where we are now. We beat them in both rheum and derm and we launch 4 years behind in both.

Genentech Oncology is lucky that they don't have competition and have great products that sell themselves. Imagine how much more sales they would have if they actually had selling skills.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genentech Oncology is like a fat girl on an island with all males. She gets love for having a vag even if its dirty and stinky

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Xoxox I See U
    :D

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That ugly fat girl is still way better than it's parent company Roche. Would like to hear your analogy for Roche.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The creepy, limp dick uncle

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not for nothing...but to the person who said Abbvie looks like a start up....Technically they are a start up and doing very well....lol. A good rep is a good rep...I understand the perspective however of having established people during ANY launch...it isn't exclusive to Oncology.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a former Abbott/Abbvie rep who joined Genentech in the past two years, I will attest that Abbvie is trying to be a biotech but had no clue how to. The reps are immature for the most part and are prone to pissing off customers with a pushy sales style. Here, we use a consultative approach to identify customers needs and to sell our products appropriate to the need, which customers appreciate. The postings above show the the immaturity of those there. I personally think this collaboration is a mistake and customers will be alienated by the Abbvie side