Abbvie + No Degree = CEO

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Refer to Chicago Tribune for details on Rick Gonzalez lack of credentials....smh!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you believe this? Gonzo needs to quit then Miles! I know of individuals that were hired then fired when there was questions on their resumes. How is this any different? Its not. As a share holder, and all that works for Abbott are, I am appalled! This is not good for the company or for AbbVie. Every time Miles signs off on the share holders report, he was committing fraud. All the directors are accountable. What a cluster F! All I can say that if I ever get canned for falsifying a document I will be suing under the fact that this is a policy at Abbott and is acceptable all the way to director level. I may even call Miles as a witness and have him say in court that it was ok to falsifying documents at Abbott.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So anytime you are called to the park for questions regarding your calls or expense reports just repeat the following..."it was an administrative error".

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beat me to it. Just read that. The Crains article: He does look a lot like an Alien, don't he now?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! These are the assholes this industry is made up of.... liars and cheats. I know i should not be shocked after 20 years in this business, makes me sick!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An insert from the article states...."Abbott has since changed the educational credits in Gonzalez's biography on its website, which now says he was a research biochemist at the University of Miami School of Medicine and attended the University of Houston, majoring in biochemistry."

so was he a "technician"...or can you be a biochemist without a degree?!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fucking speechless - not even an associates degree from Montana Tech? Abt would not look at a resume without a BS or BA.

Admin error, now that is priceless. Do you really believe he never looked at his online info?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing will happen. Bet they don't even address it. Business as usual. Put your head down and work, work, work.

Any other employee loses their job over falsifying their credentials.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you all bitchin? What about this is not par for the course in corporate America???? ANSWER ME?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS is total BS.... or actually, not BS, since it appears he doesn't actually have a degree. The real problem here is that what is going to happen to the stock price? Every other company parts ways with a resume liar, no matter how long it takes to uncover.
    This is literally "priceless"..... or not. We will see...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems to me they've known this information for quite some time now. Someone has known about this and has been plotting/waiting to leak this information. But I'm wonder what in the heck was filed to SEC regarding his credentials.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

serious question here......Does he or does he not have ANY college degree ? seriously..regardless of everything, how can anyone be a research biochemist w/o some serious schooling ? I consider myself fairly intelligent , w/ a BA, and couldn't even come close to this level. Did he go to college in Mexico, PR, or some other country ? Just asking ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what - no degree! Look at his record of 30+ years of business success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a life you negative posters!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey look, we've got a president screwing the country who lists as his main credential "community organizer". He's gone around saying he was a 'Constitutional scholar and professor.' False as well. The Chicago Law School faculty hated Obama. They stated that Obama was unqualified. He never served as editor of the Harvard Law Review while a student at the school. The real truth is that Barack Obama was merely an 'instructor' at Chicago Law School, not a professor. Commonly, instructors are non-tenure-track teachers hired by colleges and universities to teach certain courses for a salary that is well below that of Associate Professors or full Professors.

At least Mr Gonzalez knows how to run a business and make a profit. He's far more qualified at his job than the buffoon in the White House. Moral to the whole thread here is 'so what'. He's done the job at Abbott well.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting fact - Karl Rove doesn't have a degree either. Seems only a$$hole$ can succeed without degrees.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will say something that is definitely true. Look at his picture in the Tribune, he is one creepy looking mofo. His head is completely malformed and alien-like. Thats not "illegal alien-like" to those of you who are politically correct.
    If he was white, they would of shitcanned him for falsification.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bill Gates is an a$$hole? Hmmmm, should we continue with this rhetoric when this is about much more than not having a degree. If anyone falsifies a record they need to be let go. If he did not, then it is business as usual.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He should be fired by ABT for falsification, but with the business record, I don't have a problem with someone else hiring him. If he does not go, then ABT has no integrity.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what Gonzalez's first job was at Abbott? I believe it was in ADD, but I can't find details. Any help?