Abortion discussion: When does life begin?

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Anonymous, Sep 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

1. at conception

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. somewhere between conception and birth

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. at birth

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Life begins at 40!!! Yoo hoo!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your 20's and 30's are a warmup and life really does begin at 40. Once you figure it out it is kinda cool

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Life begins when the dog dies and the kids go off to college.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you register Republican

6. Scarlett

Scarlett Guest

From a religious or spiritual tangent, life begins at conception which is what I believe. Babies/children are a miracle. That being said, I AM pro-choice and always have been. The harsh realities of raising children in a loving environment should allow a 'choice' to be made by a woman...if they can and want to do so.

On the other hand, if one chooses to have the child adopted, that's an even greater blessing to a couple who could not have children. A gift.

Bottom line: children should be raised with love and happiness. If someone can't do it...give someone else the gift of that child.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's when it ends. Go check out the poli board. The wingnuts are insane.

8. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Once again ma'am - Exactly !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pro Life. If you get pregnant abortion is a horrific decisiion and is nothing more than murder. Have the baby and give it up for adoption. Dont want me telling you what to do with your body? I didnt tell you to have unprotected sex. You made that choice. The result is your consequence, NOT another choice. I am a die hard democrat and liberal but this is one place where the right has it right.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The experience of abortion has left deep emotional scars on many women.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that why you have a bunch of babies by different daddies?

12. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

OK, I'll wade in here. Like Sbelle and Scarlett, I think it's pretty obvious that the origin of human life begins when that sperm enters the egg. With that said, it's the 'origin' of life and not a sustainable life. Under certain circumstances (like the first 2 trimesters or a deformity or a Trig baby) I have no problem with termination. Yes, that thing growing inside could one day be a living thing but it isn't yet. It's still a part of the womans body and completely dependent on her. Pro-choice.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sbelle is a little sensitive about all the babies from another daddy she has. A liar as well..straight from the horse's mouth herself.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Huggy

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you say it is a geography issue???? Because if that baby was 6 inches the other side of the cervix, it would be murder killing the baby. Or are you saying that there is a magic day like day 150. Day 149 and the baby is screwed, but there is something magical on day 150???

But then we see you play on words with orgin versus sustainable. So you are then admitting that you are killing a life.....just a different life....and that it is justifiable murder.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it didn't sound like it was a DAY issue. it was about making a choice for a reason (rape, deformity etc...other) and doing it within a responsible period of time.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I kept getting knocked up by men, I'd get my tubes tied.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sbelle you are a really stupid woman!

19. Pussy cop

Pussy cop Guest

i think it begins sometime between the time the boyfriend or husband comes (or is it cums?) in the woman and birth. It probably begins when they stop having sex during the pregnancy because the boyfriend or husband's penis inherently knows something is up and he shouldn't be messing with life by sticking that thing in there.

so the answer is - if they're still doing it, a new life has yet to begin.

if they are no longer doing it, children are almost on the scene. :rolleyes:

20. Slartybartfast

Slartybartfast Active Member

The IRS decided all this years ago. Life begins at birth, when the child becomes a deduction. Before that, no deduction, no life.