About to accept a TBM offer

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Jul 27, 2019 at 2:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

salary is north of 135k and with bonus I’m looking at 180k give it take OTE. I’m just worried because it seems there is so much negativity in these boards. Is the TBM job safe? I have a family - 2 small kids and at mid thirties am getting up there in age so don’t want to risk anything.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only you can make decisions like these that will impact your family. I understand your concerns and battle that every day. Providing for your family is everything. All I can say is the following:

- this board is full of negative people that didnt get hired, previously got let go, or like to just stir the pot

- that makes this board no more or less negative than any other board Ive been on at cafepharma. Pick a random board and look. Everyone is a miserable troll.

- a lot of these posts should have the 4chan banner of 'Only a fool would accept anything posted here as fact'

With that said and looking at the failure of Alz, layoffs should be coming. We had a lot of eggs in that basket. But to what extent? Who knows. If they are offering you a position, you could view it as they plan that youll to take a spot (or 2) from some TBMs that will be shown the door. I cant see them offering a spot to only have it pulled out from you 3 months later. Who can say though.

If you take it, welcome aboard. Put your time in and use the exp to pad your resume. 30s arent old.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its not a bad company, just not great. Pipeline is worrisome and Biogen absolutely does not hesitate to lay sales off - they do it quickly and without remorse

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i would agree - a middle of the road biotech with limited pipeline - good place to break out of pharma, but not long term

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biogen used to be a great company but has lost its way. No near-term pipeline leaves me worried.