Acadia

Discussion in 'Acadia Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LTC

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They never mentioned LTC to me.

Honestly, anything make these guys different? I'm afraid I would be just changing one set of problems for another.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would they have a second offering to raise capital when they already have $240m in cash???

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LTC and Neuroscience positions are separate

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good question.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The market has already answered that question in the last few days

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LTC position will require HUGH TRAVELING!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was called but i passed on the company, too risky. They want to hire but product is not approved yet.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Multiple trolls on this site -
    1. if you turned it down, you obviously did not know the current scenario.
    2. there are a lot of former Lilly - Amgen, uhh - no.....

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was offered a spot and i start in 2 weeks!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call BS. I interviewed today and was told that we will not start until march or April. I had originally heard that we were supposed to start in January. This wont help me because i am not working.
    Dose anyone have any idea when offer letter willl go out

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would really like to know what type company car we will be getting?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LTC or Neuroscience position?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

all, they will not hire until they are close to the approval date.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me too, what is the company car??
    I hope it not a crappy malibu

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did anyone get an offer this week?

17. Update

Update Guest

Originally, people were informed that formal offers would be extended by the middle of January. Candidates were told that they would be starting work in the middle of February. Management was very excited about everything and optimistic.

This all changed towards the beginning of December. Final panel interviews were to be conducted throughout the month of January and offers would not be extended until the end of March / beginning of April. Management did say that it could occur sooner, which we all hope for. Many candidates have commented that management is still optimistic, albeit a bit more subdued.

During the first week of January, Acadia sold stock in order to generate more cash. This move spooked investors who speculated that Acadia must have heard some bad news from the FDA. There was no formal explanation rendered by Acadia and in the current stock market it was not the most prudent move to sell stock at that time.

Speculation: Looking at the whole picture, it does seem probable that something occurred to cause such a major change in plans. However, I believe that Acadia is a wise investment and opportunity that is worth the risk and wait for candidates and investors.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i can't see this drug being delayed based on the data and nothing currently treating PDP. I will say that I was impressed with the leadership and professionalism during the interviews. I think this can be a great opportunity and hope I can get on board. Good luck to those who have and will interview.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a biology/research background and numerous things can cause a delay. Insufficient data, end points used for measurement, etc.

If you can't see why the drug may be delayed you should read The Lancet study. It states "these scales are quite subjective and could skew baseline levels, making the medication seem more or less effective than it is". More information may be asked for by the FDA on this issue.

Another issue that comes to mind is comparative information. How does the drug compare to others? It is interesting to note that the study DID NOT use the same scales as other drugs used for PD psychosis. Why not? On that note, there are drugs out there being used for PD pychosis that have been shown to be clinically effective. The downside are the side effects and more.

I hope there are no delays in the approval date of May 1. The fact still remains that something has occurred that caused a delay in the hiring process by a couple of months. This is an issue that I plan to ask on the final round.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good points. Its possible that the lawyers stopped the process because we were going to be hired before the drug was approved. This could put the company under scrutiny even if there are no violations .
    I always thought it was a risky for a Acadia to start promoting a disease state before the product is approved. I have never seen a company allow reps to go out and discuss disease state before approval. Usually , the reps are allowed to talk disease state after the product is approved and prior to launch