Accellent / Benefits Question

Discussion in 'Contract Manufacturer Reps' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are benefits like at Accellent? I've applied for a job there and I am curious to know what employees think of their benefits? Any other insight into working at Accellent?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Benefits are good (better than many OEM medical device company benefits) and they like to motivate/reward with stock/stock options. Each division is different and thus the culture depends largely on the leadership at a particular division. In the past, the place was awesome until Ron Sparks inflicted his "we don't need you" mentality on both "small customers" and employees who refuse to "say what the customer wants" instead of the truth. He had a bizarre dictatorship that has thankfully ended.

Since then, things have improved dramatically because it is all relative, right? How could things actually get "worse"?

As long as you accept the fact that Accellent is beholden to the "investors" and must pay them first while trying desperately to make the books look strong enough to go public or sell to another gullable investor group ASAP, then the company will meet your expectations. Like most companies, the rewards and punishments all depend on short term performance. This consistently drives behavior that WILL NOT deliver the long term results that are truly desired (hence the horrible track record to date & the angry customers).

So, keep your expectations low and Accellent may pleasantly surprise you as an employer. It can be a fun place, but a lot of good people have left for good reasons. Still, the concept is certainly a good strategy for success and continuous improvement is possible.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked there for 4 years and the benefits were pretty good. Decent company car, stock options and good bonuses if you hit your numbers. I personally did not live being asked to conduct business in unethical manners, so I left.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP, did you take the job??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stock options? This is a privately held company. How is there any benefit to stock options in a company where the stock is not traded? What you thinking?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did there benefit enrollment and the leaders of teh comapny donot use their own benefits.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does SVP of HR not get benefits through the company? Are they really that bad?