Accurate Information for Entry Level Position

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing yet.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was straight off a script. Several "tell me about a time when" STAR questions, "what experience do you have in a leadership role?", questions about how you fit into Novo Nordisk's ethos of physical fitness, etc.

It was awkward, I could hear the recruiter's kids in the background and they clearly hadn't looked at my resume at all since they asked if I'd had any prior sales experience. It only highlighted a B2B sales role with 2 years tenure in bold right at the top.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone gotten a phone screen for the Florida positions yet. West coast of Florida. Thanks

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

West coast Florida here, got my phone screening towards the end of Oct.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received my phone interview today with a screener. Tampa Bay area. I worked with Enterprise for 5 years, 4 years as a manager. I have experience, but am really looking forward to this opportunity. She said they like people with Enterprise backgrounds (b/c we get dragged through shit every day) and customer service is our number # 1 priority, and if you can't sell, you don't get promoted. She said she would pass me on and said I was really good. Our call lasted for about a hour, and she asked a lot of questions. We discussed my pay last year (79G) and how this wouldn't be the same, it would be a pay cut. I said I was fine with that and expected that actually since I don't have Pharma exp. I also worked about 50-60 hours a week for that pay and hated life.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not necessarily! Actually, you might actually be surprised that they are hiring cheap because they need masses to go up the battle that's approaching. Nn is going to be at a disadvantage.

Not too long ago I felt untouchable with my high school valedictorian status, student body president, national science honor member, 4.0 grad school gpa. It's nice but can u apply it? So you are not coming into old, dummies who couldn't find something better to do group. You might even find some arnp's and pharmDs in the bunch. So ease up and take a look around, you still have a lot of learning to do.

You can't teach maturity at 25 or 52.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for proving my point about the dangers of mixing E. and Tequila.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic. Great ability to improvise. Amazing conversationalist...what an outstanding ability to apply your pop culture knowledge. Surprised you didn't call it "molly" with air quotes.
    Fascinating. Please continue, I eagerly await your genius.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard college grads are having it tough finding an applicable job to match their major, but this just is nonsense.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PLEASE USE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE TO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN PHARMA! you'll be disappointed...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im an enterprise employee too in florida. Been here for 2 years. My recruiter said they love enterprise people....yeah well..I hope they do....I hope they do.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

entry levelers, out of curiosity where else are you looking for job besides NN?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone offer honest advice on whether it's beneficial to get certified thru NAPSRx, PharmD, etc.?!? As an entry level, is this a positive on ones resume or just a waste of money?!

Also, for all the funny ones out there, please don't waste your time thinking of some smarta$$ comment for these questions.... no one is laughing but you, that's the sad part.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not waste your money!!!! i recomend looking at some contact pharma jobs to break in.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would suggest performing a search using the tag 'NAPSRx' as the topic has been broached. As to other opportunities outside of the entry level pharmaceutical sales position, I interviewed last week for a position as a financial analyst and will interview next week for one of a limited number of slots in a finance rotational program.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received my CNPR certification through the NAPRX..its still to be seen whether or not it will benefit me. I think it looks good but its not necessary per say.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's your background like?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again with the attention to details. Harvard College isn't Harvard University. It's a school within a school. No one says, I wen to Harvard college. That would be like saying I went to Dave Geffen, when you went to UCLA. Two things come to mind. One, you know you suck at life, so you post on here to try to entertain yourself and hope to ruffle other people. The thought of you laying awake at night thinking about how you spent your time jerking off all day while breaking it up with periods of "trolling" on a cafepharma board is HYSTERICAL! Joke is on you brah. Two, if you go to Harvard UNIVERSITY, you don't go looking for an entry level pharma job. People come to you. Separately, 88% of Harvard graduates have advanced degrees. Yet another hole in your terrible attempt to derail people. If you're a potential applicant, regardless if you get a position, you will fail. Your detail oriented skills are TERRRRRRRRRRIBLE.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I majored in Economics and minored in Mathematics. In terms of professional experience, I have limited experience in the financial services industry, asset management and investment banking, and commercial real estate.

The competition is quite heavy for sales positions within and without the pharmaceutical sector. I applied to CBRE's Wheel Program, which prepares recent college graduates for careers as commercial real estate brokers. I interviewed for one of a small number of spots, and received a letter of rejection containing the e-mail addresses of other applicants. Among the list of a dozen rejects: two Columbia graduates, a Cornell grad and a Wharton grad. Starting salary is $50,000 -- non-negotiable. In this market, grads are willing to accept less prestigious yet well-paying jobs. Investment banks, for example, recruit at the top schools but hire a miniscule percentage of students of such schools, thus leaving thousands of students -- many of whom are indebted -- without jobs.

This is an employer's market; so don't assume that you are competing against mediocre students who are too dumb to find non-sales jobs.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're lying. Weak.