Achaogen

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Mar 5, 2018 at 4:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is it? I did not get hired but was treated very well in the process, unlike most of pharma. Just wondering...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Top Executives Slashing Today...what does that tell you?? This is a Real Secure Place, NOT! Dare & Scare is management culture, from top down. It’s a Blast here

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's no buyout imminent. No appetite anymore for this stuff, even with Barda paying a lot of the bills.

Prediction: just wait until the sales pressure comes three months from now by you know who. There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The light at the end of the tunnel is C scape but when is that and how rough will it get until then?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread has incorrect info to the point of being either from a fool or troll.

Per Bioworld: "An estimated 3 million cases of cUTI are treated in hospitals in the U.S. each year, with Enterobacteriaceaepegged as the most common pathogenic cause. Bloodstream infections account for the majority of the rest of the roughly 6 million hospital-treated infections annually. Between the two, about 90,000 are carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae infections (CRE), an issue the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has identified as an urgent threat in need of new antibiotic options."

Link:
    http://www.bioworld.com/content/achaogens-zemdri-gains-cuti-approval-draws-crl-bloodstream-infection-0

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They aren’t going to have any money to pull cscape through. The company is a lame duck run by morons from Allergan.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Came over from Allergan and I already see the cracks, but hey, Allergan’s AI division isn’t the place to be either

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank God I didn’t take this job. FL manager was an ivory tower head up her butt! Amd the drug is a dog! You get what you pay for!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So.....stock around four bucks. We gonna make it or not? Geez.....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total outpatient drug. We will see where we land.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Still, it's tough to crack outpatient without at least some support inpatient. Which, for now, is virtually zero. So, um, wha'ts everyone else's plan for April 1? ugh.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My plan is golf!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is beautiful.....it’s the arrogant assholes from Genentech who are really screwing things up. Blake hires his little buddies from Gene....JD who may be well educated but is a complete dumb ass, BB to act like he knows what he’s doing, and JA to run HR and she’s already jumped ship! The worst hire was JL who has no clue how to lead a sales team. I see they are already slashing jobs.....well, no shock there! Good ole Blake tried to follow the Gene model of having way to many people in upper level management who bring nothing to the table. Gene gets away with it because they have products that succeed in spite of themselves. But launching a new drug in the antibiotic market does not require all of the headcount they have put in place hence the east decsision to screw people and lay them go. The difficulty selling antibiotics is that if it’s a good drug, doctors will agree with you and then tell you they hope they don’t have to use it because they have seen so much resistance to other antibiotics! I give Achaogen another year before they go bye-bye.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Deep cuts already happened last week...not sure that we can last a year

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales reps too? I hope not u guys just started.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

stock options don't mean shit if you aren't there for vesting dumb ass, not a reason to go to a start up, ask the La Jolla people

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just brutal. I felt like I was conned.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

La Jolla had laid-offs? Was that the new cardio drug? I interviewed for that position, but decided to stay where I’m at.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You were.
    But just look at the BoD and management including middle mgmnt.

The writing was on the wall.
    Sorry for your loss.