Actelion

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Apr 25, 2018 at 9:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s going on....Is it true there is a mass exodus?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes it continues at an amazing rate ..What do you except,,,,take away vacation..take away benefits..pension..used as string along employees to stay..hopeful jnj straitened up the complacency with the Actelion employees sucking the company dry...how many has second jobs??

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

J&J will definitely clean house. Asking them to run a rare disease company is like asking your dog to play the piano.

They'll drive off all of the reps that have decade long relationships with KOL's & know the business like experts. Every patient that goes to the competition while a teritorry sits empty cost $100K each in revenue.

J&J is cutting benefit costs $20K a year per rep & losing $1,000,000 to $1,500,000 in lost revenue per vacancy.

This is like cutting off your own leg to win a weight loss contest.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same old formula. Buy a Company, cut, cut, cut. Bottom line increases for a short time. Top shelf Reps leave. Top line shrinks, bottom line shrinks. Leadership never learns.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just accepted an offer from J&J. I was a contract rep & the contract expired leaving me without a job.

I was really excited to land a job with one of the "industry leaders". Until I got my benefit package. Vacation time is WORSE than what I had as a contract rep. Health insurance will cost MORE and cover LESS!?!? Its unbelievable. I thought they were beating me up b/c they knew I didnt have a job. After seeing this thread, it looks like J&J low-balls everyone. 24% profit margin last year & they offer the worst employee health benfits/time off in the industry? The hiring manager kept talking about the J&J credo. The credo must be about profitting as much as possible even at the cost of their employees?

I'll take the job because I need one but my job search will continue. It makes sense that so many Actellion reps are leaving. Sounds like they went from first to worst with this J&J acquisition.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree, only a fool would accept a position here.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

J&J has ABSOLUTELY no idea how to retain top tier talent. They arent interested in doing so. PCP sales is about boots on the ground. Hire, train, sales aid in hand, follow the call list. Nothing complicated about it.

Specialty sales- rare disease is COMPLETELY different in every way. Thinking that your PCP model will fit is a tragic mistake. Rare disease companies offer the best pay & benefits in the industry for a reason- long term relationships with the small group of KOL's is impairative. Turn over will kill the business. This is why the pay & benefits are top shelf.

J&J paid $30B for Actelion. With the way that they are chasing off the sales force- revenue will actually go down for the first time in company history.

We get calls from head hunters every week. Now that they know J&J has shit the bed on the transition- they can taste the blood in the water. We are ALL looking for an opportunity to join another company that knows what they are doing. The wave of turnover will continue... with a generic competitor about to launch. Disaster is on the horizon.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The hiring manager kept talking about the J&J credo. The credo must be about profitting as much as possible even at the cost of their employees?

Yep, when the hiring manager's strongest selling point is the "craydo" you can be sure you're not getting a top shelf offer. The unwritten/real craydo is "its all about the money". Keep looking, you're only wasting your time at JNJ. Sad.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mass Exodus!!! What’s happening in New York!!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many looking now? 50%?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AT LEAST.

This Bish is going down like the Titanic.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MSL’s 100% soon..haha ....what’s going on in the Northeast

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Simple, people got nice offers. Word is out.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TRUTH! I'm getting 2 or 3 calls a week from head hunters. It won't be long before I have competing offers.

Adios!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just lost another Key Account Manager last week.

I have a final interview next week with a small rare disease company. I'll get an additional week of vacation (instead of losing a week next year) and awesome medical benefits similar to what Actelion currently offers.

Pay will go up about 10% which is really a 20% swing considering J&J is essentially cutting our base 10% with the health insurance premiums/high deductible.

I wonder if Serge the Super Star understands how much talent that he is losing? If he does- he certainly isn't saying anything about it. Is incompetence better than ignorance? He seems pretty clueless??

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am so tired of listening to HR on calls attempting to minimize the GIANT step down in the quality of our benefits. You insult us with every word by thinking we are too stupid to see that J&J benefits suck compared to what Actelion offered for 20 years. I'm not sure what is more insulting? Going from the best benefits in the industry to a tie for the bottom rung or listening to HR trying to convince us of how awesome the changes are?

LISTEN UP!! In the orphan drug/rare disease market- applicants have an average of 15-20 years of experience. You are HR... don't you read some of the resumes that cross your desk? We will NOT be competitive with an offer which includes 2 weeks of vacation & no year-end shut down. That is in line with an offer for a recent college grad with ZERO sales experience. Any qualified candidate will have a better offer- FROM ANYONE!

Why are we so EXCITED to offer the worst time off un the industry!?

We have people resigning at record pace- maybe your messaging isn't as effective as you think!?

BTW- thanks for all of this distraction during a critical CTEPH launch phase & the launch of a generic competitor. How many patients are going to the competition during this industry leading turn over? At $200,000 in annual revenue per patient lost... J&J losing millions to save thousands.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My favorite part of the call??

"We're only talking about a $6,000 increase per employee for medical benefits."

She really said "Only" & then said $6,000.

If it is such a nominal amount of money (equivalent to 2 years of merit increases)...

Why can't a corporation with a 23% profit margin cover it??

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical idiotic HR statement. JNJ HR is the absolute weakest HR group I've ever experienced in my 30 year career. And yes, JNJ can afford to eat the $6,000.00 per person. If JNJ truly was a "classy" company they would at least Grandfather you guys in on this issue. Welcome aboard.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horrible benefits are a pay cut but even worse is, and will be, bonus potential. The goals are a joke and make it pretty clear they don’t care if the sales talent exits