Actual Rep pitch to surgeon

Discussion in 'Intuitive Surgical' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rep: Hi. Dr. lack of skills! The Hopsital has bought this Robot for your Hospital to make you a better surgeon. I would like to work with you.

Dr: why would I need a robot when I can do my hysterectomy in 45min? What advantages is the robot?

Rep: you would need to do 10 cases, and I guarantee 1 out of those 10 cases is a difficult case and this 2 million dollar Robot would help.

Dr: what about cost? Does the Cleveland Clinic use the robot?
    Has there been any benefits? How much more time will my hysters take?
    I understand maybe the Gyn/oncs, and urologists need it, but my cases only take around an hour.

Rep: "dazed look". Again, the. hospital purchased our robot for your advantage. Dr, we would only need to do 10 cases for you to see that 1 of those 10 cases the robot would benefit you.

That was an actual pitch I heard between a rep and a surgeon. Wow. Stay away from answering the Surgeon questions and focus on hospital driven marketing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just because you were trying to get into the OR so that you could sell the benefits of your uterine manipulator doesn't mean that you should make up stories.

It's not a device.......it's a stick.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your ignorance is bliss

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't need to know much as a rep, it's all Hospital driven!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smaller hospital (6 OR rooms) where not 1 surgeon trained on robot, now has to get trained because Hospital bought, and hospital marketing robotic procedures. Does the patient get notified that their procedure is actually the first procedure this surgeon has ever done robotically?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a victim of the robot... NO. Who keeps track? How does a Dr prove how many done? can't give medical records out to public... Have to rely on Hospital? The ones making more money on the return business when dr's mess up on it... Think about it. ITS TRUE. MY BILL WAS CLOSE TO TWO (2) MILLION $$.

See Bloomberg business (oct, 7 2013) (by robert langreth) "ROBOT SURGERY DAMAGING PATIENTS RISES WITH MARKETING"

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I was forced to train surgeons that were not satisfactory on the robot. I can't tell you how many times I had surgeons in training ( Houston ) that we cut lose at 2 PM and asked to not say anything that were far deficient in the requisite skills. It was all about get them, get them out and have them do the requisite 10 cases to drive the case volume and drive the reportable cases up along with earnings. Earnings up and make money - lose lives...... A fair trade for the morally bankrupt and greedy. MT, BK, BC, LN - all are soulless. The best part of each of them rolled down their mothers inner thigh after a 12 hour gangbang.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, you were on mark till the end. Stay classy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was classy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder where these titans of industry are now.......