Adamas

Discussion in 'Adamas' started by anonymous, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's everyone think about the new
    Parkinson's drug an the new 50 rep neuro sales force ?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New drug is -
    Gocovri™ (amantadine) extended release capsules is indicated for the treatment of dyskinesia in patients with Parkinson’s disease receiving levodopa-based therapy, with or without dopaminergic medications.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

57 rep sales force
    Launching Jan 2018
    Long acting generic
    They will be ripping people off with the price
    Or the insurance companies. Disgrace
    $2k plus per month bet on it

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2K a month for generic long acting pills ?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amantadine is an old drug with a proven track record but side effect baggage. This is nothing special and I am shocked they will be starting a new neuro sales force based upon it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amantadine is indicated for flu, old drug also used off-label in MS for fatigue, Parkinson's efficacy is very low. will be competing with cheap generic so expect PA's and other obstacles to fulfilling scripts

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hate to burst the bubble... The molecule is an older generic molecule. True. However, the time release (not just extended release) is designed to match the time specific chemical deficiencies in the Parkinson's brain. It's not the molecule that you get but the ability to closely match the specific needs of the patient's brain.

It's not a XR generic. If that's what you understand about it, then your knowledge is lacking and your sales will be too. It's about the science, not the molecule. I'm not a rep so I don't really know what you guys do, but I am a clinical scientist and I can tell you it is needed.

Good luck.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But , what about price and insurance coverage , and will doctors buy into
    This science , because for them to
    prescribe it Drs are going to have to jump
    Thru hoops to get it covered by insure especially Medicaid an medicare

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But as CEO, you really shouldn't troll the site.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's get this interview process going!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Phone interviews starting up next week

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

face-to-face interviews the week of October 23rd
    Hire date of November 27

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone know salary/commission?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

commission is 40K
    don't know base yet

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's low.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How low?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have a decent job stay put. If unemployed yes then consider. Less then a 10% chance you will still have a job if you join Adamas after one year. $28000 a year for a generic that never really worked well before. Have you heard of a company waiting 6 months to launch a Drug after approval???? Watch out for DH he is a womanizer!! Check out past posts on him.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Crazy price on this drug! Going to be very hard sell outside a few large centers. I had an initial phone screen but no longer interested after yesterday's price announcement. I think the comment above is going to be very true...if you already have a job, keep it!

I also heard 40k bonus with around base pay no higher than 120.....pennies

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have a movement disorder center in your territory that participated in the clinic trials you will do fine in first year. If not you will fail big time. Don’t even try. These movement centers are extremely difficult to deal with!!!! They will not like your cost value proposition unless you are giving their center research dollars.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why the 6 month wait?