ADHD meds and drug screen

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Comp - Gen Discussion |Pharma Sales' started by anonymous, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how most companies handle prescription meds and pre-employment drug testing? I am on Vyvanse, prescribed recently by my doctor for my diagnosis of ADHD and now I have to take a pre-employment drug test. It does not ask on the form I was sent for me to list my medications but says someone will contact me if there is a positive result to discuss. It only asks if I’m on any medication that impaires my ability to drive, which it does not, and if I have any health conditions that impair my ability to drive, which I don’t. I am applying for a rep job, so will be driving a company vehicle, so understand why the driving questions were asked. I’m not sure how to handle this. Can a company deny hiring you for an ADHD med? It will show up as an amphetamine.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the vyvanse shows up on the screen & it def will if you’ve taken it recently, the lab will call u after the results come back & you’ll need to provide the lab With a print off of your prescriptions from your pharmacy. If the vyvanse is listed on that print off you’re good to go

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the whole industry runs on vyvanse literally & figuratively, so it’s def not a disqualification