Advanced Molecular Diagnostics/Gene ID

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by anonymous, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any information about Advanced Molecular Diagnostics/Gene ID? Good or bad.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Offered Sales 100% comm opts. Very little info available online about this and other testing companies. Any feedback would be appreciated

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve worked with them for about four years. Had the same problems all cancer testing labs had back then. They totally got their act together now. Only cancer lab if you want to get paid and have quality tests to Work with

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worked with them for a little over 3 years as a distributor. Stayed with them in the hard times and good times. Always been paid timely and fairly.

Depending on which state you market in there is a great opportunity. Here in Texas they have some great contracts.

They have a good program in place and the doctors seem to be happy with the results. Good luck!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is the story on this lab.

They have a few in network contracts in certain states around the country. They want to place a collector in the office to screen only the patients that have "good insurance". Which is usually 2-3 payors out of the many . The other patients that don't have insurance that is "good for the lab" are not given the option of testing.

The "collectors' are given a bonus on the amount of samples they collect on top of their hourly rate. Not sure how legal that is. hmmm

6. AuthenticallyV

AuthenticallyV new user

What about Houston Market? How well are they doing? How do sales reps get compensated vs a “collector”?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are they in GA?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can forget about that being legal now. No way in hell that is legal with the new law in a number of ways.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So are practically all the reps new? I’m about to start training and just wondering what you guys are seeing. How long is it taking to sign an office? I think I have a couple lined out, but I talked to another rep that said it took him like 2 months to get started, but then it was easier. I’m not getting a clear picture from the manager. Any insight out there?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are W2 and dont produce results very quickly you are gone. Without a question. Lab is also participating in some illegal practices.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like how long?? How long is it taking reps to get their first office? I haven’t even started yet, but should I already look for another job just in case?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe 60 days. If you do not have any activity at that point you are canned.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good to know. Thanks!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What I can tell you is that they don’t make it clear during the interview process what it’s really like and signing your first office is hard. Your manager will ask a bunch of useless questions until you get signed, adding to the stress of getting adjusted to a new job. You’ll probably never meet your manager in person. I’m already looking for a new job because signing enough to get the full pay is going to be nearly impossible. I can’t imagine doing this for a very long time

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you value your professional reputation, I recommend avoiding GeneID at all costs. Reps are hired based on the strong relationships they have with doctors. The goal is to sign these doctors up quickly and begin running GeneID's genetic tests in their offices. As soon as you sign your first office, GeneID will ask you to sign-up with a third party pre-authorization company and, through them, pre-authorize tests on behalf of the doctor.
    Legally, this is not ok.
    Also, they won't ever pay out your commissions. You will sign an office, submit 60 tests, and then receive a report that shows the majority of the tests have been declined. Strange, since the patients passed the screening process, had the accepted insurance plans, and hereditary cancer screening is covered under The Affordable Care Act. So, the reps don't get paid, and the doctors and their patients don't get any test results. Smelled fraudulent to me, so I got out with my reputation still intact.
    Take note: GeneID isn't into team-building. They don't introduce Reps who are hired to work in the same cities. They don't provide a common data base so you know who is calling on what doctors. You'll go into an office and find that another GeneID rep has already been there. They don't provide a team phone or email list. They don't want Reps talking to each other because, when we do, we find out all of the unprofessional, questionable things GeneID is doing. Save yourself the trouble and ignore the too good to be true job description.

16. SarahReporter

SarahReporter new user

Hi I am a reporter conducting research in this area. I am looking for insight into this company among others on a long list. If anyone has information about this or other similar companies involved in genetic screenings (labs, marketing companies) please text me at 202 579 0289.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked at Gene ID until I had a baby and decided to stay home with my baby boy. But I worked there for 3 years as a sales rep and it was the only company that gave me a hard time with their compliance team. They have a strict team checking everything to the T to make sure it’s fully legal and they consult lawyers about everything. I wasn’t used to working with a company that was so careful to follow every bit of the law. It took me by surprise at first but then I felt grateful after seeing what happened with every single other lab that was doing illegal things. They even offer free testing to people who don’t have insurance coverage for genetic testing.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked at Gene ID from philly and had a great experience. They pay well and on time and actually pull through with their promises. Genetic testing is a hard sell, so it’s not so easy to get doctors on board but after a month or 2 things pick up pace and it’s great., patients are happy and the process goes smooth. Just the beginning is hard

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked at Gene Id a year ago from Texas and I only left because I couldn’t open an office. They pay well and on time but it’s not as easy as pharma. Regardless it’s a great company that’s actually run by honest people who do good. Not like most labs

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stay far away from GeneID. You will ruin any good relationships you have with your doctors and the tests will never be done. They try very hard to keep the reps from talking to each other, even got upset when they heard we were talking off line. There is no CRM, no set territories & they don't care if another rep comes into one of your set targets and signs them after you've done all the work. It's slimy. Even if you do sign offices up, they still hound you. When I did politely give my notice, the VP of sales snidely remarked that they would've let me go anyway. Not a class act on any level.