Advanced Molecular Diagnostics/Gene ID

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by anonymous, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah D.G. is a weirdo for sure. It's a good gig for an ex tox rep or someone that is desperate for a job I suppose.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Idk who that is but I am a new rep and I’m just frustrated because it’s hard. It’s not easy but the pay is too good and my friend made 250k with them from New Jersey so I’m trying really hard. I’m not management or pretending to be but I feel they should give us more time. Tox was a lot easier to sneak through but here they’re very on top of you and crazy on compliance. I feel like that’s why people bash them because they’re so careful that it seems like they are cherry picking. But yeah I wish we had more time to open an office

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve worked at GeneID for nearly 3 years and am satisfied in all aspects. I get paid timely and my management is kind and understanding. Working in sales is always challenging, but they clearly tell you prior to getting on board that you should have strong relationships if you want to succeed. The salary gives a shot to grow because if the more accounts I open the better I’ll do plus bonuses. I have never ever had a problem with manager, and yes maybe you don’t get to meet them but they treat me better than any other job I’ve worked at. I always get my answers quickly and am treated with patience and respect. They have a department that expands their insurance coverage which helps us in sales and everything we do is 100% legal. I would never work for it represent a company that did otherwise. It feels good to work for a company that makes a difference and helps me support my family.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I recently joined the sales force with GeneID and they have been very nice to me. They keep my Doctors relationships confidential and always make sure that no other rep in the area steals my prospects - they have really proven that.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Being employed by geneid has been a great learning experience. I know so much about genetic testing and sales - it’s simple. If I have relationships with Doctor’s and are passionate - I will succeed.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn management is coming on strong with the posts today LOL

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol. Yeah seems like it. However in all seriousness I’m from Georgia and happy. DG is a little weird but I don’t speak to him that often

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked there for less than 6 months. Everything about the experience felt creepy. It was “legit” I guess, as far as I knew because they didn’t let you talk to other employees other than you manager OR visit corporate, but felt like a scam because you were only able to “test” patients who would already be on the doctors’ “watch” list because of family history. So docs saw no sense in the product because it was something they were already doing anyway. I found another job asap and got out of there. I cringed every time I had to talk to management. They just seemed sketchy and would say weird and unnecessary things.

And all those other posts proclaiming “100% legal” and “compliance” whatever, yeah, those posts don’t seem made up by management at all. Dumb*ss*s. And exactly the type of idiocy that made me leave

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah I agree about the creepiness of it all. Working for Gene ID is the equivalent to being in used car sales.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you still with company and how are things going. I am looking into the company

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Facts:

if you are new you have a 20 to 30 percent chance of success.

70 percent turnover on average - most of the reps who do not make it are gone within 45 days.

it is little dicey to let a commissioned sales rep act as a patient recruiter.

in the average practice you will run out patients to screen pretty quickly - then what?

most patients wind up not being approved.

this is a very short term gig.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its more than just a little dicey if you ask me. They also pay extra bonuses to the collector based on volume of patients they test. At least they were back in January.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're right. They are probably on the list of places to visit for the appropriate federal agency!

15. Kefford

Kefford Guest

im trying to get a job, can you help me at all?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you get the job - just don't let them make you be the one who screens, verifies, and signs up the patients - unless you are NOT also the sales rep. It is improper for the sales person who receives commission in some form and fashion to "recruit" the patients and screen them medically.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its not just improper it is illegal. They also pay commissions based on sample volume.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They used to. Not anymore. Now they have this crappy system where they pay you for maintaining accounts or something. It’s way harder to get bonuses but supposedly compliant.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

can anyone comment on their current pay structure and benefits? I heard that it is subpar. A friend has become strongly discouraged and frustrated with this company. Can’t decide if it’s worth it to pursue.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice try. it will all come out in the wash.