ADVICE!!! Please

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2011 at 7:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a very successful career in sales and in house positions and can substantiate everything. I left a company after a buyout to join a very small company in an area I love and want to continue in. Now 4 months later, I realize what a mistake this small disorganized company is. It is near my house and I am paid more, however I now understand why people are leaving in droves. No accountability, no follow up, no collaboration. A mess!

If I start looking for work elsewhere which I want to, what do I give as a reason to another company about why I want to leave so soon? I will not demean the company but how can I be tactful? I want to look outside phama.

I really need advice. Thanks:(

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't freak out about this...it happens all the time...just explain that you felt you could take a risk at this stage of your career, but afer making the move, it became apparent that the new outfit did not have the resources to help you build the relationships you needed to be successful selling there. Hope that helps...(By the way, eventually, you can pull it off of your resume entirely.--a 4 month gap is nothing these days)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree don’t freak out. The era of “job hopping” being a bad things is long gone and left in the 1990’s. With the consolidation of the industry many people have been trying to figure out where they want to be and want they want to do, and with all the M & A’s most people have numerous ‘employers’ on their resumes these days.

Be honest and sincere and if the hiring manager has issues with it they probably are not someone you would want to work for anyway. Best of luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thx all!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just be political and vague. Say that after joining X company it isn't what you were told it would be and you feel that career opportunities are limited/company has limited future/whatever sounds good. This kind of thing happens all the time. Job candidates are sold a bill of goods and realize what a shithole they've signed on to. In any interviews, I'd ask a ton of questions about company culture, growth etc. so you don't make the same mistake twice. Plus this indicates to interviewer you want to make sure the company is a good fit for you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please think back on how your arrived at this erroneous decision and contemplate what you could have done differently to prevent this life changing mistake. Promise yourself that you will make changes to ensure you do not repeat this again AND let us know how things work out for you. Your friends at CP want to know (but don't whine to us if you do it again-PLEASE!!).

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will not repeat again and THIS is what I really should have done more - ask more questions. It sounded like a great deal. The culture is a stonewall and toxic, something I can change in the confines of my work but not enough to impact across the board. Thx again! Good advise.