Aerie

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Nov 28, 2017 at 4:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone get a call about this opportunity? I have and just curious on the Co and product. Sounds interesting

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does the 'no compete' agreement we all signed come into play with other Eyecare companies?????

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

non compete is not enforceable. There have been several reps leve and go to work for eye Care companies and Shire hasn't done a thing. Good Luck!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales will be run by Gary Menichini formerly Alcon with limited eyecare experience. He basically ran off anyone with eyecare know how before he was run off. Should say a lot. Company execs are more than solid in Tom and CEO Vince.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone interview or have one scheduled? Any ideas on comp ranges (base/bonus/car/vacation...)?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They balked at any base over 110. Bonus is 35 if I remember correctly. Stock and 3 weeks vacation.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Above post is correct and big territories. However, I think some at Shire will jump on it just to get away from here.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm thinking about it

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m gone. Just waiting to milk this place dry through the end of 2017. Besides...that’s what we do, jump from job to job looking for the pot of gold. A year after the Aerie thing fizzles I’ll jump to another eyecare company.

That’s what all the losers here do...right?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gary, the head of sales will run everyone off. If you don’t know him from Alcon days ask someone who does. I guarantee you won’t like what you hear. Too bad because others at Aerie are solid. This guy though...think twice.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

50 percent of patients had mild/ Moderate hyperemia. Efficacy isn't better than Generic latanoprost. No gov coverage until 19. No thx, I'll stick w Shire.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

110k base--good luck getting anyone that can sell or to leave any company. Lol

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told $125,000 by the recruiter. But I'm not interested in selling in a generic market.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone have interviews set up? Not phone screen w/recruiter but actual company interview phone or face to face?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

care to elaborate?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Alcon here, GM is definitely nothing to rave about. He’s not the worst though either. There were plenty of other issues occurring at Alcon that caused such a mass exodus. And I’ve met a lot of very intelligent B&L folk that followed KK here to Shire, which proves it always comes down to money. If Aerie wants to pay, they’ll capture a ton of Shire reps.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aerie is a fake company. It won’t be in existence within 2 years.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A fake company with a market cap of over $2 Billion? Oh it’s definitely real. Is there a potential for a buy out? Yes. Is Pfizer looking at Shire as a takeover opportunity? Yes. There’s risk everywhere in this line of work.