1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Jonathan P. Gale

Jonathan P. Gale New Member

I have been in Pharma and Pharmacy sales since 1995. For 25 years. I have never had an issue getting a job but now at the age of 55 its like pulling teeth. I want to hear from anyone that is experiencing the same thing.
    I have some great experience and I look 40. Please anyone help.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yeah, age discrimination is real in the world of the pharma industry. They put a target on your back starting at 50. Last weeks job report showed the biggest job loss/decline was seen in people 55+
    The current situation really sucks for people in there 50’s, especially if your a white male. I bet you’re a white male. Good luck. Hope you saved your money.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NOT TRUE. If you are a MINORITY and 50+ you are pretty much done and if you are a MINORITY AND FEMALE AND 50+, I hope you have some $$$$in savings. Plenty of WHITE MALE 50+ in pharma just look at the profiles on Linked In. Then try to find Minority 50+. Good luck with that! They damn near have to have a PhD, been in management plus 30 years of experience and even with that-you will probably find about 1% of pharma population.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true. Companies are afraid to fire black minorities in this current political environment. They are scared of Rev Al showing up at their doorstep yelling no justice no peace. Today’s middle age white is the new 1960’s black man. I now feel the black man’s pain.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Logic Please.

If companies are scared to fire Blacks then they seldom will hire Blacks. Duhhhhhhhhhhhh. BTW how many Blacks do you see at your National Sales Meetings? Now how many Whites do you see? Now do you get it?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

By the way, you will NEVER know a Black man's pain. Imagine whatever slight you are feeling Just Right Now to feel it EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE FROM BIRTH. That's just a little sip of the whole picture. Shame on you. What a blessing to go through your teens, twenties, thirties, and forties and not experience discrimination until your fifties.