Age Range/Hiring Practices of Med Equip/Device Companies

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales-General Discussion' started by anonymous, Jun 26, 2018 at 4:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking to transition and have started to actively interview. Is their a "Sweet" spot or typical age range companies look to hire within. My past field shunned early 20's candidates while also excluding anyone over late 40's early 50's as not having enough "Career Runway"! Is Medical Sales similar??

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True Sales reps are always in demand. Whether they are 20, 30, 40 or 50. So what is a true sales rep, its the person that walks into a territory with little to no existing business and within 6-12 months bringing on new customers and sales dollars their commission trajectory will surpass the guarantee in 6- 12 months.
    Most big box companies who command a large brand following consider seasoned sales reps threats to market share. The true sales rep that created a mini market for the big box company, new corporate AVP's and Regional Managers if they did not carry the bag in the territory consider the seasoned rep a "pain in the a...." The corporate manager comp based on sales growth and profit recommends, if we transition the $250K to $500K commissioned rep slowly out of the territory, we can provide him with helpers for a year or two let the newbies cover the cases and make the newbie think they are really selling the customer on the product, in reality.
    Why am I describing this to you,I listened and sat quietly to corporate types describe this strategy the consulting firm advocated the sales leadership undertake to drive more profits. Did it work? Hell no, Are those corporate types still with the company, No!
    Are you a True salesperson, or just looking to inherit someone else's hard-earned business?