AI Division

Discussion in 'Cook' started by anonymous, Oct 13, 2016 at 2:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is the AI division of Cook, especially in the SE? Thinking about interviewing for a position there.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whole company sucks for Reps man. Read the boards, it's all true. I hate working here.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why does it suck? Seems to me like each division is run differently at Cook so people can have completely different experiences. Be more specific. No one throughout the entire board has given accurate descriptions of each division. One person might say that "no one makes more than $100k" but then someone else might say you definitely can and work for a division that makes a monthly commission to surpass that.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$120/year is the HIGHEST in ANY division. Cook is one of the lowest paying med device companies out there. Pharma reps make more than Cook reps. It is unfortunate because there are great products at Cook.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry but this isn't true. Sure, Cook is not the best paying company by far and I'm not "defending" them however I do know for a fact there are are ample reps in different SBU's that have made well over $120K and even over $150K

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha! You must be talking about some of those old timers that used to fly planes! Maybe after 30 years of annual raises you'll be close to 120K. Seriously, that's funny.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^Two posts ago.....what are you talking about?!?! I'm not sure if the NSMs make $150! The highest paid rep at Cook was probably $125 & that was with a $110 base after 20 yrs with the company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look in the Endoscopy division. I realize the rest of Cook doesn't make squat, but look how many territories in Endoscopy are $3m+. Every one of those reps are probably between $120-$150 not counting the bonuses. The base alone is between $75-$80 for a rep that's been there 10 years. I know it's difficult for some of the other SBU's to understand that, but Endo gets paid far above you.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work in Endo, no one makes any where near that...you're an idiot.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with above. I used to work in Endo, now work for Olympus. The rep of year the last year I was with Cook made $139. And that was rep of the year!! Growth of over $1,000,000 only to make $139,000 for the year! Crazy.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're the dumbass. You work in Endo now? If you're no where near that number it's probably because you're lazy and in a shitty territory. How many names would you like me to drop? Let's start with a guy in Chicago. Shall we talk about some of the reps when Kaiser was signed (before Cook dropped the ball)?

All you have to do is look at your top 10 reps. If you don't think they're making $125K+ your too stupid to do the simple math to figure out the easiest comp plan in medical sales. Anyone who has been with the company for 5+ years with more than a 2mm territory is above that number. And if you can't make your territory into a 2mm territory, that's the reason you're at Cook.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is funny. So you had $1mm in growth and only made $139K? Unless they've changed the comp plan for the worse, that's not true. I made over $150 3 years in a row at Cook (in Endo) with one year almost touching $200K. If you have access to the numbers it's easy to see what I'm talking about.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know the comp plan well, and have for many years, you're full of s**t regarding how much you've made in the past.

You must be going off of the "actual pay" quote they send out every year, or maybe you're quoting the pay of your competitors...or maybe you're one of the HR trolls from Bloomington trying to convince someone that this place doesn't suck.

Real successful Reps wouldn't quote their actual pay..nice try.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHHAHHHA. You said that you made $150K three years in a row and almost $200K one year. You must be quoting that sheet that Cook sends out at the end of year "total compensation" That adds in car, 401K, healthcare, etc. Take all that away and you made $80-$95K like everyone else. Like I said, hahahah.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sorry you're too stupid to do simple math, but the records are there. Of course when you're fired for incompetence it's hard to imagine what successful people actually do. But there are/were successful people at Cook. The fact you don't realize that speaks more to your own career and character.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha! Relax buddy...I still work at Cook. That's how I know you're full of s**t. Incompetence is a prerequisite of getting hired at Cook, by the way.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fired for incompetence? Not at Cook. They do not fire anyone. Less stress = less money

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It should read "getting hired and staying at Cook".

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck transitioning from Cook. Other med device companies look at Cook like a joke. They know that reps with real motivation would not stay at a company like Cook more than 2 or 3 years.