AIT Laboratories

Discussion in 'AIT Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2011 at 12:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone heard of AIT Laboratories? They are a direct competitor to Ameritox. Any information?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GET AWAY from Tox testing!!! find a different Lab job!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AIT is not the best lab at the moment. Bad management decisions by a young, inexperienced team have led to difficult repercussions for the sales force. I just learned they are cutting territories (and people) after a huge hiring phase last year. Not a real ESOP company, the bank owns the company until we pay it off. This info is not clearly conveyed to employees and has been taken off internal company website. Management hasn't responded well to changes in the industry. The company culture had been extremely cohesive and supportive. Now however, distrust of managment, a culture of "smoke screens" and evasion and lack of financial sales resources have left many here disillusioned and seeking new employement

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Industry shift at the beginning of the year had everyone searching for clues, not just disillusioned management at AIT. The entire industry is going to the crapper. Unfortunately, these one trick ponies just ran out of tricks. With labs selling confirmation only's and CMS introducing coding that limits the reimbursement to single visits, most labs will die off and those that don't will only be able to employee a few as to leverage the ROI out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100%. Well said. You remember when they told us that the ESOP program would be life changing money for us? They were right. The less than $1000 did change my life, I will not be retiring early that's for sure. I would imagine that once the new statements come out my shares will be roughly the same value but I will have double the amount of those shares. Frustrating to watch this happening.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one told you that ESOP would be life changing at the beginning. You do realize that ESOP is essentially a retirement plan. D'oh! I'd hate to have your understanding of things. You're probably one of those 'get-rich-quick' type of people, eh?

I agree though. Some of the management decisions have been quirky and wrong at the best, but AIT does have some things going for it. They've been on the LC/MS/MS cutting edge since inception; debuted LC/ToF before any other lab, and seem to be debuting new tests every so often.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll agree with this. All labs are in the same boat. One trick pony labs will die out quickly.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In that case I can tell you and I are on different sales teams with AIT because my team was told this with director john in the room when this was announced in 2008.

As for having some good things going for us I would agree, the blood factor is a definite advantage and has competitors in my area telling my clients that they are going to be offering blood testing as well. I am not sure how they will do that yet, but it sounds like Ameritox is looking for a partner lab to contract it out.

As for ToF we don't really use that except for forensics anymore. ToF is almost non existent on pain side. We are discontinuing the blood testing with it because we are unable to charge for multiple screens. The lab is in transition now or has totally transitioned blood screening to LC or GC so that we can charge for the screening of the individual drug classes, whereas screening blood, or urine for that matter, in the ToF we can only charge once for the screen. So ToF is really a disadvantage because we don't get paid well with it on the pain side. Like I said great for forensics because it can find just about every substance in the world that we know the molecular weight of in just one step.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um. You're completely misinformed about the compliance side of the lab and blood testing. They utilize LC/ToF to screen compliance monitoring bloods for everything BUT THC and Opiates, which are screened by ELISA (immunoassay). ToF is used to screen amphetamines, benzodiazepines, carisoprodol/meprobamate, fentanyl, barbiturates, cocaine/metabolites, methadone/metabolite, acetaminophen, tramadol/metabolite, buprenorphine/metabolite, and propoxyphene/metabolite. There currently are no plans to move away from this way of testing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people are totally delusional if you think that doctors really care about LCMS or GCMS. Doctors have woken up to the fact that these labs have been making a shit load of money and they want a piece of the pie. There is nothing wrong with confirming and there is nothing wrong with purchasing your equipment for in house testing. the one that are talking about this LCMS bullshit is obviously from the home office. Anyone who goes out in the field knows what the doctors really want. This company should have bought new products to put in the bag but arrogance and inexperience from upper management is the cause of their demise.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alrighty. I guess I don't know anything, but I (more than 99% sure) know more about the analytical tox business than you do. So, what 'new products' would you propose? Easy to say it isn't working; it's harder to propose solutions.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does AIT also bribe docs?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck all y'all. You're making your dough off the misery of others. Your execs are gaming the regulators to gain access to a captive market. The tea party and OWS agree on one thing - you guys are pond scum.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can you expound on this? Are we referring to compliance monitoring?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the starting base and potential for 1st and 2nd year?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a total clown company. I interviewed w/ this company back in 2009. The female manager from the west coast was as dunce as they come. She was only interested in what sport her team was going to bond with....she was so disrespectful during the interview. She could only giggle. She could have cared less of meeting her sales goals. Then the CEO at the time looked like a total goof ball with glasses and buck teeth. It was like these people worshipped this buck tooth donkey. And the name of this company? AIT labs? Ridiculous! Failure from the 10th degree. Stupid ignorant people.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not what I asked but thanks for the response. What is base salary and potential for 1st and 2nd year?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really want to learn more about their sales positions, then why don't you just apply for the sales positions they have posted on their website? Go to www.aitlabs.com and click the "careers" link. Start the process and see what kind of response you get.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for answer Marketing. Highly advise you stay away from this cluster F. They had layoffs earlier this year, effected every region and cut regional managers, and they continue to have the worst product available; if you can call piss a product. They forced their CEO and COO out as well. Now they have some IT dip shit in charge who has no concept of what actually goes on. And the 2 worst sales directors, they have the combined background of a used car salesmen. Avoid at all cost. Oh and the pay, worst of all time. They give less than 150 a month for auto gas and 500 for a car but most cover a state or two. Do the math.