AIT Laboratories

Discussion in 'AIT Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2011 at 12:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you withdraw prior to retirement age, you'll get hit with a penalty and income tax.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please read ALL of the paperwork that came with your ESOP statement. It provides details about your statement. If you are no longer an employee and have money coming to you then you will receive the money in a cash distribution minus all of the taxes and an additional 10% if you are younger than 59. OR, you can have the money rolled over into an existing IRA or employee retirement fund (if you have one with your current employer). YOU MUST fill out paperwork and return to AIT if you want to rollover your money no later than February 17th. The above does not apply if you are currently working at AIT. Read the documents carefully rather than believe everything you hear from current or former employees. READ THE PAPERWORK.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My paperwork reads:

When can I withdraw my special contribution from the ESOP? Your special contribution will be distributed from the ESOP to you at the same time your ESOP benefit is distributed to you. No special withdrawal rights or distribution rules apply to this contribution.

There is no mention of separate paperwork for IRA rollover, however, I will contact Phil to request the rollover information.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am no longer an employee and was told none of the money can be dispersed until I was 60 yrs old. Even if I was willing to pay the penalty or the taxes?????

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That came directly from AIT

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After the cover page.

"Notice to Select Former Participantsin AIT Laboratories Employee Stock Ownership Plan"

what must I do to receive my distribution? Your total distribution will be paid from the ESOP in one single lump sum cash payment in February 2016.

Pretty clear to me!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mine doesn't say anything like this. And per AIT, I cannot get my money until retirement age.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You probably have too much money in account! Screwed again by AIT!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone have anything concrete about what former employees can do to withdraw or rollover (401K, IRA, etc...) DOL settlement payouts? I have read other replies and saw nothing like that in the packet I received.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Question for those who left this great company before 2014: Are you getting lump sum payout?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, while we are waiting to retire to get the money, how is this money invested and is the money at risk due to mismanagement by AIT? Is this money in a "separate" account or lumped in with other ESOP money? They did such a GREAT job protecting our interest last time, hopefully it will not require the help of the federal government to get my money when I retire!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I agree with you, it's not your money. You have $0 of your own money invested in it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are correct. I put no money into that account. I think that many people were underpaid however, with the promise of a significant payout in the future. I recall a presentation to a large group showing the company's growth rate and other "projections". The rank and file were the suckers and the big boys got their payouts.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well, by the looks of the DOJ ruling those big boys had to pay back their payouts. Just waiting for the criminal to pay back his. The people who had any significant dollars in the ESOP wont see any of the money.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had that same quote in mine. Anyone receive their payment yet? I'm still waiting...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I havent' received anything yet. I would anticipate sometime in March.