All Day Lie

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Dec 4, 2020 at 9:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Highly doubt that considering we're allowed to use fleet vehicles for personal use. How could you even differentiate between miles for business vs personal use?

The all day lie is brutal, but unfortunately encouraged by the way metrics are policed. Crazy how no one ever questions the reps who are banging out their metrics! I would think outliers (high or low metrics) would be suspicious enough to investigate, but I'm not gonna complain.

2. Jealous you couldn't do it too?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait to get displaced. I walked away with 100 grand from the last round. My district mate retired in February and got a crystal paperweight

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummm? Doctors that are able to be seen???

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with you regarding outliers. Usually that is a red flag but here people get kudos.

I disagree about the mileage because now that I am home due to all red.. my mileage is higher than when I worked. How long can they pay me and my expenses to run around all day?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The beginning of 2020.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another week done at BI Lie

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Back when I worked for BI they promoted me to specialty but gave me shit for a raise. So I decided that if they were going to pay me 80% of what other specialty reps make I was going to work 80% of the time. I never worked a Friday as a specialty rep for BI. Fast forward to Go to Market and I decided to leave. I couldn’t resign in time because my background check hadn’t yet cleared. So they paid me to go away. I am happily far away from big Pharma and little mediocre BI.

Embrace the all day lie but pursue other things. There are jobs and employers out there that will actually leave you fulfilled and wealthy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do the same thing. I don't work at BI but ran across this post. I have been loyal to another pharma company for 22 years. Call it lazy if you wish. They are now hiring people with no specialty experience 10K to 15K more than they are paying me. I have done well and have won 4 P clubs in the last 10 years. Always in top 25%. They couldn't care less about all that so I keep the lower salary and only work Tuesday thru Thursday 10 to 2/3pm. I haven't worked a Friday since 2001. Will continue this charade as long as it lasts. I dgaf about my company because like all pharma companies, they will lay you off anytime they feel like, it with zero regard for your life. Nothing personal, just corporate America business they claim....Fine, then expect what you get.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL!!!! So true!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's amazing how similar all these companies are. I remember with another Pharma position back in the 90's, when I was at an awards banquet and the president of the US Pharma division said that he talks with other presidents all the time and knows them quite personally. He said I can contact them If I need to call in a favor. Reminds you of our politicians doesn't it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After 2020 I don’t think I will ever be able to work again! I think 10-2 might be more than I cam handle after this.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hate to admit how correct you are.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you should be proud of that work ethic. I hope you pass it down to your children. Maybe they can be as big a waste as you are.

while I applaud your 22 year loyalty to another Rx manufacturer, that loyalty is not truly admirable. Most companies will NOT take someone with 22 years of single company experience. You’ve been too indoctrinated to your current employer’s culture and way of doing business. What makes it worse is you admit you can make $10-$15 more. I guess you missed in the opportunity b/c it came about on a Monday or Friday when you WEREN’T working.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. You work for BI. What’s great about BI? Is it the pay? Definitely not. Is it the science? Definitely not. Is it the fact that you get what you perceive as a bunch of time off? Likely.

BI is a mediocre company, with a crappy good old boy culture, shit for a pipeline poor pay and antiquated thinking that follows the real leaders in the industry. Plus you get the same bonus as everyone else. At BI everyone gets a cookie, a milk and a nice warm place to take a nap.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yelp, you work here!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe the new “phone” los will fix it! Some people should be scared. But they better look at everyone’s phone...especially the favorites

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look here chief, I care nothing for your opinion. My company has made me very comfortable. I am completely financially independent. I can stop working today and walk away from all work and live a great life. I don't need to ever get another gig after this one. I am just riding the train until a layoff and then I will retire happy, so kindly take all of your self righteous judgement and go fuck yourself.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa there chief. I takes different things for different people. Some people need to work a full day and feel like they are making a difference. Playing the lie is soul sucking. Yes I know everyone does it and even a manager told me you need to do what you need to do.

What I find interesting is when someone has convinced themselves they are special when we know if you are honest with ourselves goals, managed care, territory realignment make and break your goals. I have won president clubs a few times and trust me there is very little difference in the quality of rep of winners and losers . And if you don’t believe me we know there are territories out there that have almost zero access but they have great years too. I guess the lie does not stop with entering calls in Veeva.

the difference for some people is they struggle to be imposters