All will be good

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left GSK after 20+ years about 8 years ago. I had the golden handcuffs on and always worried about downsizing or getting a bad manager. I took a voluntary severance and had no idea what I would do. Many of my friends also left. Some voluntarily and others lost the lottery. Unfortunately, the selection process did not always pick the best to stay. After 8 years, the vast majority are doing great, some making more money and some making less. However from a psychological perspective most are much happier. GSK has great benefits and pays well. It is a good company with some questionable leaders and some great employees. I still own stock because I believe the company will do well. So if you stay I'm wishing you best, if you are not selected you will most likely do very well and if you decide to leave on your own the same. It is always a great feeling when handcuffs are removed.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yet here you are 8 years later still lurking and posting like some creepy ex. Why does it even matter to you at this point? Go do something more useful with your retirement.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep twisting, just a few more weeks to go. How will you get to interviews once they take your company car away? Vroom vroom.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you post #1. It is very scary to walk away from the benefits and great pay & being employed for many years at the same company but my manager is a nightmare to work with and so unreasonable that I will probably raise my hand to go and just pray it all works out for me. I really appreciate your feedback that most have gone on to other great careers. I will have to dust off the resume and get myself back out there

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you sure he/she will make the cut? Mine will not- thank God! It is the only positive in this sea of misery.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post #1. Thank you for a wonderful message! A lot of stress being felt by all. To post #3. The only thing I can say to you is what an A$$hole you are! Insensitive is too nice of a word for you.

I have also been with the company for many years. Made many sacrifices and worked hard. I hope to stay. At this point the decisions have already been made. Our fate is sealed. So please, be good to yourselves at this time. Be good to your co-workers. Take time out of your day to begin getting ahead of a potential job loss by getting your resume up to date. Start letting your network know of your possible future and if you can, begin interviewing. After that, go to your families and be there for them..really be engaged. If you are like me, have a cold beer and a nice cigar. Smell the roses. Life is too short my friends. Best of luck and God bless! - Zigler out!