All Work and No Pay

Discussion in 'Kowa Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Nov 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread is like many on Cafe Pharma, it starts out with some well thought out and articulated ideas and then the idiots come on line to digress to name calling and getting off point. This thread was suppose to be about KPA taking away 60% of our bonus in Q3, a bonus earned by each and every rep. No matter if the amount of your bonus was $500 or $5000 you had 60% stolen out of your pocket. If you were going to get a $5000 bonus you got hurt more than the rep who was going to make $500. If you were the performing rep and getting the larger bonus, your reward for doing a good job, a reduced bonus in Q3 and a higher quota for Q4.....a double wammy! No one should put this issue behind them, it was wrong, it was demotivating, and if KPA doesn't know this, we have a much bigger problem here at Kowa.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Lots of nickel and dimeing at this place whether it's in the form of benefits, 401, car fill-ups, etc.

Normal, quality outfits don't typically pull this shit on their employees. They've made it clear on what they think of us, there's no leadership or control at corporate, just neopotism.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one is smoking crack on this end. What Kowa did to there sales reps was wrong and totally unethical. A law suit should have been filed against Kowa. I am not full of hatred and I did not post everything on this thread. What you did amounted to stealing money from people who worked for it. If the company does not survive you will only will have your self blame. From my understanding the new IC plan does not motivate anyone either and rolling it out 5-6 weeks before the year is over is also unethical and wrong.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right regarding the IC plan. Wait until you see how the numbers are coming in and then roll out a plan near the end of the quarter. That way you don't have to cut 60% it is just built in to your plan. Unethucal, I agree. Wrong, no doubt. How KPA treats reps, past actions speaks volumes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree when you got hired they judged you on past actions!! Same applies to KOWA! Have a backbone folks carve your own destiny.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess Ben thinks that his Q4 extra bonus will make up for the Q3 screw up; however, only 20 people (less than 10% of the sales force) will get any money. It doesn't make up for what KPA did to us, stealing 60% of our bonus. Now we are hearing that the management team is enjoying Vegas and playing golf. I've never been screwed this much without at least a kiss or the very least a reach around.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once upon a time I believed in this company, not anymore. After the 3rd quarter screwing KPA showed me its true colors. Most of the reps are hanging on through Dec. 31 to collect there 40% bonus money.

It will cost Kowa more money in the long run to train new reps to replace the ones that have and will quit, not to mention loss of sales due to vacant territories. They should have paid us what we earned.

There are now 15 vacant territories in the nation and more to come. Kowa's culture is use them, abused them, screw them. It makes me sick to my stomach to think I am with a company that treats there reps in this matter. The Q4 IC plan is also a slap in the face, make the reps that worked there ass off in Q3 beat there own numbers in Q4. This motivates everyone.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hell, Home office people haven't gotten a raise in two years or a bonus. So quit your bitchen.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Quit your bitchen", are you serious? If you haven't gotten a raise in two years you should be screaming at the top of your lungs. Secondly, just because you haven't gotten a raise it doesn't mean the reps should not get the full Q3 bonus they earned.

I can understand not getting a raise if the company is not making their numbers, but then again, if the company is not making the numbers it might be because of the unrealistic Livalo forecast they came up with without considering all of the market facts. If you want to screw the sales force over again, no raises for 2011 will do it.

Finally, how much revenue does the Home Office generate? Maybe KPA realized that you are being over paid for what you actually do.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then go work elsewhere if you are so great. You sound a little desperate. Need a fix or something? Lost your crack pipe? What a sap.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your a piece of shit lifer with this company. Believe me, I am working on that part...along with half the sales force.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are not getting a bonus in this economy, almost everywhere.

Besides, you are better off in another industry that does not treat you like crap. The only reason to stay here or in pharma is if you have a great manager, and that is very rare.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why all this bitching on line? Why don't you call the home office and tell them what you think? You have nothing to loose but the 40% that was left...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a joke. Why are you all just sitting around waiting for the ship to sink??? Get the hell out. There are plenty of strong reps that took the first thing they were offered in order to pay the bills. Now you aren't paying the bills. Stop complaining and get another job!! That's what I did and I have NEVER been happier. Brad's cc was such a motivator. He made it very clear that "big pharma" people weren't welcomed and I didn't need to hear anything else. I worked the entire summer without a day off because he asked us to and that conference call was his thank you. I wish I had opted for a copy of his cc as a reminder of the push I needed to get out.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS reps out there still making bonus, they have you brain washed! You wouldnt know because you dont have friends, looser.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just keep thinking about all the money KPA could have used to pay our bonuses or even give out as raise's at the end of this year if they didn't:

Didn't waste money on a managers meeting and golf outing in Vegas

Didn't waste money on a contract sales force that won's sell any Livalo

Didn't waste money on talking details that no one will use

Didn't waste money on a voice mail system that no one is using

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMFAO all of these threads seem sureal thruth is they are not. Think they promoted incapable minds to f... this place up on purpose.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe not on purpose but that is what we have......Kowa should make some changes in KPA starting with the incompetent management.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can I make a suggestion for your next big sales meeting. Have everyone turn there chair in the opposite direction when U.S.management speaks. Especially if Japanese management is there. They can't stand to be humiliated and lose face. Heads will roll. I use to work for a Japanese company and your company culture is a direct result from them.