Allergan approaches Salix Pharmaceuticals for a possible deal

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OOOOOO YEAHHHHHH

SEEE YAAAAAA VRX!!!! FUN KNOWING YA!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fingers crossed!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure this is better news. in order for our shareholders to like this deal as much as the VRX deal, they'll have to show as much value creation. Salix is a $10B company, not $50B meaning more of those "cost synergies" will have to come from our side. Obviously better to be on the acquirer side of the deal, but a lot more people will still lose their jobs.

And, it does mean we're putting the Salix people in the same position Valeant was putting us. Selfishly it's nice, but now a bunch of Salix employees will get fired too.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't care. As long as those dirtbags at VRX can't touch us, it's all good. Pop the champagne! Hit the hot tub! I'm going to Vegas!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay salix 10 B in cash. our bonds are investment grade and we can add 10 b debt to our balance sheet

let's see where can valeant get extra 10 B

lol

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have mixed feelings because I was thinking about the human component that those that work at Salix will have to go through if AGN were to pursue this deal. It's a dog-eat-dog world I guess...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very diversified product lines

not much cost synergies so not many job losses here

benefit is the excellent drug pipeline and getting the roll up off our backs

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over it. When the going gets tough, the tough get going...

This is no time to start worrying about this and that. Our #1 priority needs to be to throw VRX and those dirtbags to the side and move on as Allergan.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which makes Allergan (and you) no better then VRX. It's funny how one's perspective changes when they are sitting on the wrong side of the fence.

BTW, saying "this and that" instead of "people losing their jobs" doesn't lessen the impact. Nice try though.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix earns $2 million per employee - not a ton of human impact and strong accression

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure how it would play out. Salix is acquiring part of Cosmo (Ireland) to invert. Would Allergan wait for this to complete and then invert with Salix ?

Jazz Pharma is still being mentioned in press as possible option for Allergan.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VRX is full of Dirtbags top to bottom...

Quick, let's layoff 1500 people (mostly in R&D), buy a company, cut their people massively and tax invert!!! Totally different!

Funny how morality can literally evaporate into hypocrisy when the shoe is on the other foot.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm with you bro. The irony is striking.

Obviously some are simply are about winning. Not an ounce of concern in their "don't care", "over it" comments. They'd throw there own mother (and coworkers) under the bus.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh intern . . . You're upset now aren't you?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doe Salix folks get free Botox and Latisse?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this news is making intern and troll cry

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix is known to be kind of a shady company. We'd be getting rid of VRX but buying a company that doesn't have a much better reputation.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Salix. Salix is a great company with orphan drugs and highly specialized treatments. Every employee has equity in the form of stock grants plus a one year income clause in the event of a buyout or change in control. I hope you guys buy us. A lot of people will retire for good. My own grants went up $179K today on the news alone. I love Salix. They treat us very very well but I'd enjoy the payout if you buy us.

Appreciate the folks on here who genuinely are worried about the human impact. Whatever happens, I hope you guys dodge the bullet that is Valeant.

Good luck.