Allergan Employees Beware

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by anonymous, Aug 22, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you even get past the Captcha questions? Synergies is a buzz word for layoffs. It’s a no brainer. Plan is a word so I can’t argue with that one. Posit this. Leveraging your balance sheet, it’s actually a thing when your stock was trading at less than 9x earnings and you can borrow out 30 years at 1.9% above treasuries and have a HUGE debt float 3x, yes 3x over subscribed. Looking for 28 billion get offers for 77 billion. Now ask yourself this question. If now isn’t the time to address the Humira patent cliff, then when? Lesson for today is over.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Googling again?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did the 2 fine humans tell you as a child when you put on your drawers that the yellows stains go in the front and brown stains go in the back?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hillarious!!!!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Coming from the liar in chief Gonzalez. You ever hear a banana salesman holler rotten bananas?
    Richard was proven wrong many times. This is just another lie. Abbvie is doomed!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My friend, in all fairness you’re playing with house money. If it went to $0 you lost nothing.
    1 for 1 of ABT at spin got you the 40,000 shares of ABBV.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of your Inflated numbers are speculative. Players know aggressive financing brings future problems from less tenable capital structures that heavily weigh on equity performance over time. You see credit spreads widened by just one 1bp on the week despite very heavy supply. At 1.06% over Treasuries, investment grade corporate bond spreads are just 2bp off their year-to-date tights (reached Tuesday) and just 21bp off of their post-crisis tights (reached February 1st, 2018 at 85bp). Debt growth in the pharma sector has been extraordinarily heavy in the post-crisis era.

Class Dismissed, Layoffs Coming!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cmon man, you know damn well right it’s all not house money. My Abbott stock took a hit at spin. Y’all know AbbVie was spun with a distribution not an IPO, so it did not start with a fixed price. However opening price of 34.40 X 40,000 shares means if it went to $0, I LOST Over $1.5M. Good news is it never happened and I banked over $3.5M. You’re way off base today sir, is everything ok?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTH? My good man, it’s more like 64K. Where the hell did you get $600K?
    Y’alls Slipping man. lol

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This comment is not necessarily true, but not necessarily false either.

A good portion of synergies comes from contract mergers. For instance, Abbvie has an enterprise-wide licensing agreement me Microsoft and so does Allergan. Abbvie will have to pay more for the additional users, but no where near the amount of the two contracts for separate entities. The biggest synergies exist in these scenarios.

Also, open unfilled positions get cancelled and those go towards headcount reductions as well. If you have a team of 10 with only 8 positions currently filled and your reduction expectation is 30%, you only need to layoff 1 person.

Obviously there will be layoffs, but the mass hysteria is probably uncalled for.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Climb up the patent cliff, say a prayer, then jump off head first!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are high, they will cut across the board especially in the non sales related positions, licensing agreements etc all have a fixed user cost you dumb twat.

The added cost comes with the management of these programs.

Marketing, reduced head count.
    Compliance, reduced head count.
    Ops, reduced head count.

Most of blood bath will be on the Allergan side. Synergies lol you fucking crack me up. Abbvie bought Allergan for its portfolio not its people.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You left out the biggest target for layoffs, SALES!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales reps are so dumb.

Most of your software systems are enterprise-wide, which means you pay a flat fee for as many or few users as you'd like. Only if you have a limited scope would you have a fixed user cost.

And even in the case of fixed user cost, the price changes at different volumes. The combined company would lower the fixed user cost significantly.

I'm speaking with specific knowledge. You can pretend to know something, but I assume you that your post makes you sound like a "dumb twat", but feel free to keep proving it to us all.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well then be more specific......because you’re wrong.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

F you !!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you're just proving that you don't understand basic concepts. You certainly don't understand how software licenses work.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

U.S. corporate debt is nearly $10 trillion, or a record 47 percent of the overall economy. If the economy unexpectedly deteriorates, credit rating agencies would likely react to a slowing economy by downgrading companies that have issued the lower-quality bonds, turning those suspected of being unable to cover their interest payments into “fallen angels.” In a flash, as all those fallen angels fell into junk territory, there would be too much speculative-grade debt for the market to absorb. Companies that already would be seeing profits shrivel from the downturn would suddenly face higher interest rates, chilling investment, forcing layoffs and spreading pain throughout the economy. During the 2009 crisis, “BBB-rated” companies — the lowest rung of investment-grade — faced borrowing costs almost 7 percentage points higher than higher-quality companies. Today, the difference, or “spread,” is just 1.4 percentage points. If the junk market were to be sufficiently disrupted, companies could be forced to default on their debts. That would likely force massive layoffs and sharp reductions in business investment, turning the financial market’s headache into a punishing economic disaster.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s hope the economy stays strong. A war or other event could trigger slide.
    Abbvie is history in 2023 anyway!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t need a war, just elect a Democrat as President and watch how quickly the economy tumbles...