Allergan Rep Here... Thanks

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Mar 21, 2017 at 7:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Um no, I have one office in a mall. Fuck off ADD boy

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All this fighting and arguing isnt necessary...Met with my NBU counterpart today... she was actually pretty cool. We pretty much just made fun of our leadership the whole time after 5 minutes of talking about docs... it is not obu vs nbu... it is all of us together vs leadership... reps aren't the problem. They are...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Though leadership is awful, The problem is NBU and OBU have great products that make the company a lot of money so in the boards mind and in their own minds leadership is successful. They don't realize how dumb their decisions are because the company as well as themselves are making a ton of money... that = success to them. They don't realize that these great products are going to sell without their ideas or ini SHIT ives and if they would get out of our way we would do even better. Our success has 0% to do with them. ZERO. We are successful in spite of them not because of them. They see it as the opposite. They think because of their flipped pyramid they have made us successful.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is exactly what's happened. They don't realize what we've done is in spite of those three charlatans.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like a tool. I'm sure your accounts think this as well.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong... docs love me... how does it feel not being good at your job? Does it feel good knowing a psych specialty reps has to come in and help you get scripts cuz u couldn't do it alone? Your wife probably needed help getting pregnant cuz u couldn't produce there either. There is your answer to your question why don't our kids look like me?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ooooh. Burn. You SO proved them wrong that you're not a tool.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call me and all of us at Allergan what you want.... our doctors respect that we can do our jobs and have the training, knowledge, and tenure to hold a conversation about the eye and the sypmtons their patients are dealing with without sounding like a fool without a clue... Shire is losing respect in my offices no matter what you do going forward

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously grammar and spelling isn't a prerequisite to be hired to sell Restasis. As long as you don't have to communicate in a written fashion, you may be OK.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You realize most of us in the OBU have a lot of eyecare experience. I have 11... So STFU

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And how much eyecare experience does your psych rep pod member have moron? You are an idiot if you did not understand that post.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with this statement. I have several years of eyecare experience and I was shocked to see how many people were hired in the OBU, without eyecare experience. This did make it more difficult for Shire to gain quick respect in a world where we are competing with long time companies like Alcon & Allergan in this very unique space. New drug, new (to eyecare) company, we are still trying to show these ECPs that we are legit & here to stay. Now this NBU roll out......we are truly the laughing stock of eye care.....geez......

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well what do you expect when you see who's leading the charge here? As they say, when in Rome…

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So here's a legit question?
    All these OBU reps, whether it's Allergen, Shire or whoever keep talking about tenure, experience etc.
    So, when was the last time u has an in-depth clinical conversation with your doc about a patient?
    What is 90% of your time in an office being discussed??
    - I would bet the answer isn't product. More like managed care etc..
    So does tenure really matter??
    The tenure argument and boast just seems like a crutch everyone keeps coming back to and saying, "hey look at me, I'm 8 years in"

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You continue to be laughed at by us ando the doctors we share... several physicians rolling their eyes over the new adhd reps visiting them... several of you are smart and have already decided to come over to a real company. I'm sure more will follow.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The not-having-eyecare-experience argument is so overblown. I know people that finished in the top 10% and won the trip at Alcon, Allergan, B+L and now Shire in their 1st year of selling ophthalmics. Does it help having it? Of course, but mostly for the relationships. More than anything, having a great product, patient access in your territory, and not being a total screw-up and just showing up will put you in the running every year.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They could have given NBU a little more training though... I was shocked at my meetings with my NBU counterparts at how little they knew. Not their fault at all but doctors will pick up on this.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NBU rep here. Selling is selling, I have gotten in over my head very quickly with my OBU docs and they have been ecstatic to be able to spend some time explaining it to me. They seem to respect the fact that I took the time to ask questions. All of the whining and complaining that is going on right now is out of control. I agree, going into a building to call on only one NBU doc, when there are six LDX writers in the building is extremely inefficient. But we are paid very nicely to sell and part of selling is being about to adapt. So, suck it up buttercups as long as that direct deposit is in my bank account every two weeks I will go sell whatever they want me to sell. Besides, if this really is an Allergan rep that started this thread he has some bonus money I want to take away. The brain is the most complex organ in the body and he/she is disrespecting what it takes to be an NBU sales rep. Not one of these cushy OBU offices has had a patient in the middle of a manic episode while I have been detailing.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GREAT POST!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's not your job, it's mine as your OBU rep. Stop getting into clinical discussion and just get your signature and leave.