Allergan's Hiring Discrimination

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't take it personal they want younger people who will not ? anything who can be payed less and will follow like sheep it's not rocket science. If you are over 40 find a smaller company that does not play these games. They don't want to deal with people who can think on their own so they can justify their jobs by being your babysitter.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just hired someone who is 50. He was the best candidate. It is time to accept that you werent the best candidate and move on. Doesn't matter what your resume looks like.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You couldn't be more wrong!

The fact is that age discrimination is rampant in any industry, including pharma. Also, you can be the best candidate, and someone who has an "IN" with the hiring manager or department gets the job. I've seen it over and over and over again.

Tossing your words around saying it wasn't a good fit is careless and ruthless and rude. When you are told you were the best candidate and still don't get the job, that hurts. Plain and simple.

Maybe what most working people need to do is put themselves in the shoes of someone who is trying so hard to find a job. One day your time will come....karma!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO !!!!!!!! and that's why when you look at rep profiles on Linkedin on Allergan most are mid 30's at most

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it folks.....of the one person of 50 years of age that gets hired, there are another 99 people who are hired in their thirties!

Allergan doesn't want 'old' people. Let's just face it. It is unlawful and hurtful, especially when the mature individual is more qualified, willing to work long hours, and can think through a problem and resolve it without reverting to Twitter!

So, Allergan, you are losing a lot of wonderful, motivated, intelligent potential employees for your discrimination practices.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does Allergan do with all the young people it hires who have no work ethic, no loyalty, no talent?

Allergan, you are really losing out of a great niche of mature workers if only you could open your eyes and have vision.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would require a 180 degree change at the top and down through the ranks. Never happen. Too successful this way. Leading a nice company or a great place to work doesn't count as much as getting rich.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you researched every Allergan employee on Lindedin and you're basing your opinion on this research? Good use of time. That's why you were passed over.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I agree with the original poster. Allergan does discriminate when hiring. You can be the best candidate and if you look like you are 50 you are out. They smile like they are being nice to you but you are just wasting your time.

You are right on point when you said that Allergan needs to be sued. Age discrimination is against the law but Allergan does it every day.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is so right. Allergan is one mother fucker company. heir ass needs to be sues. I inter viewed with them. She assured me will call as I am the best. But, sure thing she never called or emailed me after. I do not even know why they hire managers from outside of opthalmology. Assholes. Let's sue their ass.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Horrible place to work. Treat people like shit. Spent a couple of years in corporate office and got out. Took a package. Should have sued their ass off but I took the money and ran. Good old boys network for sure. Life has been very good to me since I left. Everything works out for the best so if you were not hired be thankful

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need sales people to be young and hot to get in. Why else would someone want to see a rep selling lastacaft?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet you I'm that 30yr who got your job!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats 30 year old newbie. I'm the 50 year old who got the stock options, pension and long term incentive dollars in the 80's and 90's that you will NEVER see working in this dying industry. The difference between you and me is that my home is paid for, kid's college is paid for and I have a net worth you can only dream about. Pharma is not paying like it used to and the money is getting shorter all the time.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bragging that your home is paid for does two things. It proves you're a douche and let's us know your home can be relocated by pulling the cinder blocks and hooking it up to the back of your F150. Enjoy retirement old timer. Pick a location away from the tornados.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oH I AM SO IMPRESSED , OLD GEEZER!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD HITCH FOR THAT DOUBLE WIDE AND CONGRATS ON PAYING THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOR YOUR MORON

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet you are a dumb blonde bimbo who only uses your mouth for one thing. This is and you are exactly wrong with the industry. Please scram ho.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And, if you are an older rep you are being forced out. Look around, they are getting rid of those who have been around a while and are older. No longer fit in. Is this right? NO, it's not.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are in eye care, there is only one team that all are 40's and 50's. Those that are 50+ are disappearing. They are making excuses about leaving or finding reasons to leave. This is NOT because they want to, it's because the new management does not think they represent the new face of allergan and they are pushing them beyond the brink. The reps i know who are over 40 are being told they must make more calls a day than others, do more inservices than others and drive more than others. Treatment by the management team is by fear. Frear of losing their jobs at 50. HOw many companies are hiring 50 year old women and men in pharmaceuticals ? So if you get the constant threats and the beyond average push push push what happens? You get tired of it all and move on. OR, if you do what they ask of you they begun to lie about your sales presentations or your attitude. They tell you that you are below average and try to play with your head. If you speak up you are insubordinate. I never thought I would see the great company I work for go the direction they are going. It's very sad and it is so wrong.
    If you think Human Resources is there to protect you and keep it honest, think again. Human resources is there to protect the company. There are so many discrimination lawsuits now they can barely keep up with it. Noone will band together and fight it. There is no job protection at Allergan anymore. If you are older you will be taken down or pushed so hard you will leave with your severance package and be glad to get out.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no reason for this type of thing on this board. It is very immature. Please spend your time elsewhere.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think the HR department at Allergan is there for your protection you are wrong. They are there to protect Allergan against themselves (DMs, RM's, etc) They are there to make sure management does nothing out of line, follows a tight line and then to cover up when they don't. I am watching it first hand. The behavior of HR is shocking. I have witnessed so much in the last two years. It makes me sick to see how my peers are being treated. Don't speak up unless you are willing to lose your job.