Allergan's Hiring Discrimination

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am one of those people.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One or all of you should go to the EEOC. You'll need proof, so better have some documentation. It's worth the effort, though.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN!!! They may push me out because of my age and say it's becauise I no longer fit the mold, but I have my pension, and my six figure income in the day when noone was making over $50K allowed me to sock away more money than the youngsters will ever earn there. We were matched 100% on our investments and given much larger shares of Allergan stock, which split several times. The five years of DOUBLE BONUS dollars will never happen again and the trips and prizes for everyone in sales were awesome. Yes, I had bonus checks bigger than your salary. Good luck to you young ones who think there is no discrimination, hope you leave there before you're pushed out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is there is no proof, only an accusation. Allergan's law team might pay you off if you recorded the interview and have the hired person's resume and tape of their interview...but doubt that's the case.

I met a new girl who's husband worked with one of the interviewing managers at another company. She told me that he did her husband a favor by hiring her. She had not been in pharmaceutical sales, was new to the area and had no knowlege of the medical community, had completed her degree online. she did have a couple of sales jobs but no awards or so called "track record". I know a girl who sent her resume in for the position with recommendations from ophthalmologists and a couple of senior allergan reps. she had over 5 PROVEN years in pharm industry selling allergy medications (she would have been a lastacaft rep) but did not get an interview. this is how they now avoid discrimination. They don't even interview someone that don't want to hire so there is no discrimiation. The hired the interviewee that was most qualified---the only one they interviewed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to Allergan.com/careers

Allergan no longer posts it's jobs on their website.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with some bitch. What an asshole

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not just discrimination in HIRING. We older reps at Allergan are being pushed out at a very fast pace. If you feel you have been discriminated against, please contact an attorney. In fact, if everyone would contact the SAME attorney, there would be a case. Allergan is guilty of age and race discrimination.

There is a post on the Allergan site named LAWSUIT INFORMATION. This thread lists the name and number of a lawfirm who has successfully sued Allergan with one of the largest financial penalties in US pharmaceutical history. They have a couple of excellent employee lawyers. If everyone would contact them with their complaints it would help. 1 person cannot complain or nothing will ever be done.

If you want to see a change for the future, do this! It may not help your situation if you were interviewing and did not get the position, but it may help the next person. Stand up for what is right

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what can you expect from a 'botox' company?! made money filling in wrinkles!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is the most racist company I have ever seen. Qualified minorities are never hired!! All whites mostly males

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a number of reasons that people are hired. Younger reps are cheaper, are less jaded and are just as hungry as the older reps. As sales people, we are all looking for pats on the back... all of you complaining of experiencing discrimination need to stop playing your victim card and get over the fact that you are still in sales. You won't go to the lawyers because the truth is while you may be accomplished, they don't want to deal with you. You have too much pride in the fact that you were in pharma in the golden years... so keep talking about your possessions/stock options/net worth and keep being bitter about not moving forward. Oh yeah, I forgot, you were wronged, and you are awesome.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't agree, because the aesthetic rep in my practice is 50+ and FAT. I wish they would push this rep out and get me a someone that looks like they care about their appearance. After all, if you work in aesthetics then you should 'look the part' - PERIOD There are several events a year in my practice that promote the aesthetic procedures we offer and our reps appearance is extremely important to us.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course they discriminate...not only in hiring, but also to current employees. During a recent reorganization, every employee that was laid off was over 50, many with over 20 years with the company. Six months later, the jobs were posted and filled by those in their 30s or early 40s with the education and not the experience. Eventually, these folks lost their jobs because there was no one left to train them. Had to hire people with experience, but from other companies. It is easy to say one can sue. But why take years from your life as their lawyer drag things on and on? Notoriously, these cases are difficult to win. If they don't want me, then I don't want to spend another second thinking about them.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would like to what territory you interviewed for...I'm sure i had the same one....the female managers are the worst in this company- they have so much to prove that they'll step on you to get ahead

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm the latest casualty interviewed for NSS job in my 40s and black well qualified did not get the job and by the way I thought this process was confidential everyone and they momma looked at my LinkedIn checking me out. Strange people from all over the damn country at least six different people from Allergan wow

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allergan is a god awful organization. From its inexperienced clinical study managers in Bridgewater who pride themselves on belittling their supporting employees and overworking their employees. Employees are hired for one role but expected to take on 3 roles. Employees with a lot of experience are paid less than those new to the industry. There is a high turnaround. How has this place managed to survive. It is no wonder they were almost outrun by Valeant and had to layoff most of their employees to portray themselves as having had a quarter performance. Who really suffered?? The ones that stayed and had to pick up the slack. People are wrongly promoted and not promoted based on experience, education and skill but by whos ass they can kiss in upper management. This place will go down in shambles and rightly so for the awful treatment of its employees.