Amgen 2018 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, May 8, 2018 at 9:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah right. Absolutely NO reason to move Operations to MA or SF. The more R&D we move to those areas the more “talent” we’ll lose to innovative companies.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will outsource as much as possible to India then keep a few core R&D jobs in the US.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had the same thing happen to me. I noticed my manager start acting differently. Once I saw my FCR, I accepted a position at another company. The culture here has gone to hell. Inexperienced managers who manage through their emotions.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reason they give is that it is not possible to attract top talent in the TO area and that is the reason for moving R&D to biotech hubs. Major cuts next year.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2019 will be a very intense year of layoffs. Starting with trimming nonessential staff like Syneos reps. You guys were always meant to be temporary. Good luck!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For those leaving maybe thats why openings and I got call. Can anyone nice please tell me expectations of a new hire and how long training is away and why people are leaving for external jobs elsewhere? I am in NE looking for new job.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Expectations of a new hire include written language skills at a 5th grade level at least.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before you criticize others, you should learn how to properly structure a sentence.

I will help you.

The expectations of a new hire include the written language skills of, at least, a 5th grade level.

Fuck off, jerk!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It depends what business unit guy our looking to get into. The cardio job is a gamble for you to be honest. The competitor has some landmark trial results being published soon which will greatly effect those sales team. The PC teams will have cuts for sure. Usually people leave because of job security. Amgen still will always look good on your resume as it's considered a high calibar pharma company working with biologics. Training is a few weeks with another few weeks of homestudy prior to training. Pretty standard . That's the honest truth- hope it helps . Disregard all the wise ass comments you've received.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do the right thing! get rid of the old people and offer them a package like Pfizer .

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Training is a few weeks of home study and about 2-weeks away in California, potentially followed by a few more weeks in California, depending on the BU and product mix.

The NE leadership is bad across all BUs. That’s the number 1 reason people start to look. Pay is also below industry average. The new hire salary cap (max they can offer) is LOW.

Interview like you want the job, take the job if you need a job and keep your options open.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of you get back to work.
    Sincerely,
    A stockholder

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It sounds pretty much like how Genentech has turned out to be.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs in December?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep...2 huge ships sinking in the Pacific Ocean.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Management here is very bad. Pitting reps against one another is not going to help with the much needed culture shift. Top level management wants a positive culture. Lower level mgmt. is not doing anything to foster such an environment.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is imminent unless you morons go back out there, stop bitching, and sell the shit out of Repatha.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We tryin’ but the bitch ain’t sellin’

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We can’t sell a drug with zero mortality benefit that costs 5 grand!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

coffee is for closers