Amgen 2018 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, May 8, 2018 at 9:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa, you mean we can't trust information on this site?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true. Look no further than 2013 layoffs. Everything posted on CF turned out to be 100% accurate. So much so, they had to announce layoffs way in advance.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We can trust this site more than HR I can promise you that.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR is too busy running people out of the company to be on here commenting.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear white team has lunch budgets now...could that mean something? When will the layoff announcement happen? How can one go about volunteering?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another dumbass buys the HR insider gag......it’s now confirmed that your a total jackwagon...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Usually the layoffs are in October/November timeframe. All the signs point to a large scale one year. At least from what is going on with the org announcements in ATO.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who will be impacted? Red? White? Blue? Onc? INBU? How big? 60 percent laid off I Sales and management or larger? I heard 90 percent laid off as we are in trouble fiscally and May go out if business unless we cut deep

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe mostly in R&D.

10. Pathetic that this subject needs the year in the subject line.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes because amgen layoffs ppl every year

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All this company cares about is $$$ and impressing investors. The staff doing the actual work are considered less than scum and replaceable. People with any kind of useful knowledge are leaving. Seriously, respect the warning signs when so many leaders of the company CHOOSE to leave! Major organizational changes are likely coming and we all better be ready to pack our personal belongings and (happily?) kiss this place goodbye. If you’re not let go, prepare yourself for added responsibilities and longer hours. There ain’t no backfill happening. Best of luck to all.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best comment ever

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My career is an all day lie, a true fictional account of my time. Each day my calls are at a minimum 75% fake. The only call that is ever actually made is when I do a lunch. Even then it’s a self serving exercise. I do the lunch so I don’t have to fork out 10 bucks for my own lunch, I can bring something home to the fam and I have a nice collection of restaurant gift cards. It also keeps me around so that when my creaton of a manager works with me, people do know who I am.

There was a time when I actually cared and put some effort into this mind numbing futile existence. The organization has fostered such an incredibly douche culture that I do not give a fuck about this company. I realize the feelings are mutual but at least we are operating on the same page. I simply decided a few years ago that I will fuck them over before they fuck me.

So I drive around running errands and wasting time all day every day inputting fake calls. I’ve been doing this for going on 3 years and nobody really cares. Has made no difference in sales for the territory, idiot manager has no clue and I still collect over 100K.

I’ve even picked up little 1099 gig on the side 2 years ago. I put all the money from that in a separate account and so far I’ve got almost 21K sitting there. It’s not big bucks but our company pays all my travel expenses associated with it so it’s just going to retirement account.

All you moral police people, I'm telling you, before you bother to respond and tell me how I should not do such bad things, just remember there are others in this organization doing the exact same thing.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In what BU can you get away with this?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when are they going to announce the layoffs this year? Does anyone know?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OBU, INBU any BU with a 20 year old legacy product.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen does diligent layoffs now by department. They IS like this last year and a few R&D jobs that way too. They want to stay under the radar. Layoffs now are conducted in the same manner similar to how Natzi SS police rounded up Jews.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Somebody with some insider knowledge please spill the beans. When will layoffs be announced? How can one go about volunteering for a package?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed

TO is a stagnant swamp of incompetence filled with unprofessional unethical people who make it up as they go along. These people will find it hard to be hired let alone work anywhere else where mediocre is not ok. What exceeds expectations here would partially meet or does not meet expectations anywhere else. Those with brains and self respect leave within 2 years and 1 day.