Amgen 2018 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, May 8, 2018 at 9:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't buy it. All those fake calls? Your partner would know about at some point

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i call BS!! Amgen has such cash flow, no layoffs folks!! You will be fine!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cash flowed last year too and yet they laid people off

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ATO will take the hit. Most research jobs will be in Massachusetts and South San Francisco. R&D, GRAAS will take the brunt of it this year

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep but they don’t publish it because Bob Bradway told
    Trump he will add another 1900
    Net jobs..... what a lie!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not nephrology, they launched a new product

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not nephrology. They launched a new product

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many R&D jobs are there in TO? Not enough to save Amgen's bottom line. Big cuts in sales are more than likely

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But won’t packages be offered to those that want to volunteer regardless of division?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unlikely given it is cheaper to layoff folks than offer VTPs.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad to come back to CF to see amgen back at it old self. I worked for the place for over a decade and I sure don’t miss this bs. Year after year, lay off threats after lay off threats. The department I left has essentially lost all its assets in the past 5 years, at first by VTPs RIFs and then by massive attrition...so keep up the good work Amgen. Looking back all I can say is that it was a good move to move on. There is not perfect place but I can assure you there are places with less kook aid drinking even though all places have issues .

While I am here the whole idea of targets for Repatha is a joke . Get this through your thick skull amgen, the drug isn’t selling well why? Access sucks , it is a pita to write for physicians then you need to fight w insurance and then it cost too much for folks w territories outside of major metropolitan areas. That is reality but if one grows the business exponentially yet your target numbers are not where they want them to be (even though a sale is a sale) then you are in big trouble . Why is that ? In the earnings call I don’t Bradwa splitting things up between target and non target..

The lack of logic is just appalling and it just sucks to see the company I once worked for operate this way. Good luck to you all.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know the number they are targeting for the 2018 RIF?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If less than 10% it wont make a difference, only bad publicity

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

heard it'll be 500

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DM's had a call about this last week. You will see soon.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No way!! No layoffs buddy!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you know?