Amgen interested in buying Medivation

Discussion in 'Medivation' started by anonymous, Nov 12, 2015 at 4:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a feeling this is just a big hype. It is going to be vey hard for any company trying to deal with Astellas. Just imagine what we have been dealing with in past 4-5 years. Lazy, no good attitude that comes from Astellas sales and management teams will not be a positive signal for any company to take over MDVN, unless they can get rid of Astellas as well.
    That being said, looking at Portfolios, as Astellas handles all Amgen Oncology products in Japan, will make them ideal but from the other hand, Amgen has not done well in Oncology and has nothing in Breast Cancer or GU Cancers, I would argue that Pfizer, followed by Sanofi would be the top candidates for MDVN. Both those companies will try to make a deal with both MDVN and Astellas to get the full control over Xtandi and they truly don't need any of us.
    You have to go to SEC web site, find out when is the next opening, legal schedule sell fog shares for our executive team and board members, then take a look at the number of shares scheduled to be sold, any period, showing the most share scheduled to be sold, short time after that, will be the time that board will sign off the deal!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drugmaker Sanofi will nominate eight people to replace the board of biotechnology company Medivation, sources told CNBC on Friday.

The candidates would replace Medivation's entire board. Candidate names could emerge as soon as late next week, the sources said. Medivation's shares edged higher in early trading.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is interesting no one is writing about how difficult it is to replace the board of a successful company. Or about the Revlon Rule. All of this noise is a scare tactic and the pundits have no more idea what is going on than you do.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's actually not that hard when the companies coming after you have billions of cash in the bank and could crush you like ants... Just sit back enjoy the ride , hopefully you have lots of company stock / options. Cash in and enjoy the transition to your new big pharma job. Usually get a year or so before much changes than you look for a new job

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"...the companies coming after you have billions of cash in the bank..."

Well if Sanofi has so much cash, why's it being so cheap? If another company swoops in with a better offer, it's "au revoir Felicie."

Sanofi's CEO is blowing smoke up his own board's ass because he's scared of losing HIS job.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"...Cash in and enjoy the transition to your new big pharma job. ..."

You're assuming that the acquiring company is gonna keep you around for that year. Me? I'm not sure I'd stick around long enough to find out.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"...Me? I'm not sure I'd stick around long enough to find out."

Me neither...not if I was able to parachute outta there onto a nice soft pile o' money. I'd do my transition on a beach with bottomless mai-tais.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is coming in to swoop you then abuse you!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First of all, large Pharma such as Amgen, Sanofi and Pfizer have the money and will pay fare money, at least fare according to their own definition, to buy MDVN. Second of all, unless you are part of executive board, you maybe dreaming about cashing out soon. Most deals assure Board and Executive team members to cash out and for rest of us, they will issue what is called equal share market with 1-3 years lock. We should all wish for smooth transition and a company who will appreciate us!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have no idea what you are talking about. First of all, a fare is what you pay a taxi, not for Medivation. Secondly, our shares vest upon change of control. Once the board takes over, and we get rolled into a new company, the shares are ours.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We hope that our shares get vested upon take over BUT that was the way everything worked in old days. Everything is up to the contract that is going to be written between buyer and our board. Who knows what the right price is for our share, more we wait, more we loose as we are getting closer and closer to interim analysis of ARN 509 data in Prostate Cancer. And we all know if that data read out is positive then, it is a huge negative impact on Xtandi. So far, I never had to truly sell Xtandi, fortunately drug sell itself. Couple of offices that have been stubborn, I have blamed them on my Astellas counter parts as truly they are bad. This is the easiest job I ever had and money is great. But I have a feeling honeymoon is near over. Read the fine line, if you are a VP or above, you have a great chance of getting your share vested upon take over but if you are not, you will see, as how buyer will right the contract to at least lock you for minimu of one year before allowing your shares to be freed or give you an equal number of shares in a new company with 3 years vesting period and during that time will eliminate your position and you will get a 3 month package as its best. Go talk to folks who worked in companies which were taken over by Sanofi, Amgen, Valeant/Allergan and etc. you can dream but reality for most part is different.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. French drugmaker, Sanofi, remains committed to acquiring Medivation. Last week, the company filed for premerger notification regarding its intention to acquire Medivation. Sanofi intends to acquire Medivation for $52.50 per share (approximately $9.3 billion).

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Your broken English and poor grammar are laughable. Read your offer letter. It clearly states that shares become vested with a change in control. Take your Spanglish to another board and try scaring them.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good to know how many white trailer trash are working here in MDVN!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sanofi-moves-oust-medivation-board-114944242.html

OK....let's see if I got this.

Sanofi makes a lowball offer that MDVN rejects. Sanofi threatens to go hostile, and now they have their eight nominees. Sanofi thinks these eight people are 1). Gonna get voted in, and 2) SOMEHOW gonna convince shareholders to accept Sanofi's lowball offer.

THEN....Sanofi wants to know why MDVN opened their books to Amgen and Pfizer but not them.

Dear Sanofi, in true "mode Francaise", you tried to have it both ways. You can't rudely crash a party and then pretend you're hurt you weren't invited.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

http://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=11720054

Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) announced that it has filed an investor presentation with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") in connection with its proposed acquisition of Medivation, Inc. (Nasdaq: MDVN). This presentation is available on the Investor Relations section of Sanofi's website.

Among other things, the presentation notes:

• The proposed transaction would provide compelling strategic and financial benefits for Sanofi and Medivation shareholders;
    • Sanofi's proposal is not subject to any financing condition and the company is confident in its ability to receive all necessary regulatory approvals;
    • Combining with Medivation would accelerate Sanofi's strategic priority of rebuilding a competitive position in oncology;
    • Sanofi has stated on several occasions that if Medivation were to engage and provide information, it would be in a position to increase its offer and is confident that it would be able to offer significant additional value;
    • Sanofi is willing to enter into a customary confidentiality agreement with Medivation, which would include a reasonable standstill to give time for Medivation to conduct a sale process;
    • The consent solicitation process allows Medivation shareholders to demonstrate support for a transaction by removing and replacing the Medivation Board with directors committed to acting in the best interest of maximizing value for Medivation shareholders;
    • Sanofi believes there is a clear path to completion: the record date to determine Medivation shareholders entitled to give their written consent has been established as June 1, 2016; Sanofi expects the initial Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) waiting period to expire on June 13, 2016; Sanofi anticipates filing definitive consent solicitation materials in mid-June 2016; and Sanofi signed a consent on June 3, 2016 for the shares it owns in Medivation and therefore expects that the 60-day consent solicitation period will conclude no later than August 1, 2016; and
    • Sanofi believes that Medivation's shareholders overwhelmingly support the sale of Medivation and want Medivation to engage with Sanofi.

Oh just OOZING arrogance...like Sanofi knows what's bes for Medivation shareholders. Meanwhile...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-07/sanofi-to-spend-4-2-million-on-effort-to-oust-medivation-board

So....Sanofi is spending all this money on behalf on another company's shareholders??