Amgen = Whites Males Only

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Aug 4, 2017 at 8:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is it that only white males succeed at Amgen? No matter how hard you work, how many cost savings you accomplish, how great a leader you are, if you are not a white male friend of an incompetent executive you must leave. It would have been great to have partnered with you, goodbye.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thought this would change with the new org structure, but no.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad, but true. Discrimination for minorities, women and gays exist at this company. I worked for a woman who worked her ass off, brought great teams together, saved Amgen money and she was exploited again and again.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i work for a woman who outshines the males in my group, she won't be here long.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i am a gay male in IS and have witnessed first hand discrimination. I went to HR, and they said they would investigate my claims. I had emails, witnesses and hard copy statements, but after two weeks HR contacted me and told me they found no evidence of discrimination. Are their any others out there? We need to stop this, even if Amgen HR won't.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i was called into HR for people complaining about a GBS leader. Next thing I know, the guy finds out about it and begins to make my life miserable. Thanks for getting me involved HR and then leaving me to the wolf.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen HR is sustaining the dominant white male culture of investment banking that Bob Bradway comes from. You need to be a tall slick looking white male. They have a few token minorities who are yes men to give the illusion of diversity.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Leavng Amgen. Best decision I ever made. I got caught up in an HR retaliation mess too. What a bad company.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i am a African American woman who s an executive, and even I know to keep my mouth closed and opinions to myself.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you pegged it ! know when to drive your point home and know when to just take it - riding the Bradway express

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As an Indian American I feel that if my white colleagues express an opinion it is regarded as innovative and showing leadership while my same opinion would be viewed as stirring the pot and troublesome as if I am
    not a team player. I only stay because my family enjoys Southern California and because Amgen is a decent paycheck. But on a day to day basis, it's a soul sucking experience. I just happen to love my family more so I put up with this vapid culture.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i am a gay white male and I too shut my mouth, do what I am told because I work close to home. The know I will never make it up the corporate ladder here, I tried going to HR for discrimination, but t have been in the hot seat since.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4 female exec in IS, pathetic.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You didn't fail because of your gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other fictional story you want to claim. You failed at the company with promotions you thought you should of received because you are the only person that thinks that you have the abilities.

I am a female, my sexual preference is none of your business, and my job and promotions or lack there of for others at Amgen are because of capabilities and results.

You aren't good enough, move on or get better.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good for you. It seems you have your priorities right. Family first. You work to live, you do not live to work. By the way, I am Asian and share the same experience as stated. It is a shame, unfair, unjust, discriminatory etc. But consider where you are living and for the company you work. Take it or leave it, this is a Caucasian-dominated society. If Amgen were an Asian company, it would be Asian males in the leadership positions, establishing the culture and calling the shots. The other races/ethnicities would be 'second class'. It is very unlikely that the status quo will change. Perhaps in many many decades. Things like Affirmative Action, ERG's (employee relation groups) and the like are ineffective in changing the culture. Why? Think about it...if such things would ultimately destabilize the status quo, those in power would not allow it. They are 'pressure-release valves', nothing more. All said, the US is a great place to live and Amgen is a good place to make a living providing well for you and your family. Only you can allow your Soul to be sucked. Work is extremely important however take care not to let work define who you are.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says the white female who is nothing but a lackey. You are where you are because some male wants your panties.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As quoted by HR.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As stated, my sexual preference is not your business, but males chasing my panties do not interest me.

Let me guess your next response, I am only where I am at because females in leadership want my panties?

Get better, get promoted. Stay average without the ability to critically think and you will stay a worker bee.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

fake news

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of the people abused by the company are white males.
    I guess if a non-white male is complaining, at least it's more even