AML microManagers

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by anonymous, Apr 25, 2020 at 5:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great post, also applicable to other areas besides AML. This type of behavior is a product of the culture here, which is to hire/promote your buddies despite their lack of knowledge or experience. It’s a recipe for disaster.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% Agree! We have way too many crony hires across all sales divisions and health systems. Examples of it in AML, Bladder, Prostate, Hospital, Specialty, and PCP. This may be the biggest Ponzi scheme in Pharma history.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Ian Norman still at your company?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, but that's classified information.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting response

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The level of nepotism is pathetic. I’ve never seen it so bad at a company.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s been that way for some time, well before the launch of Myrbetriq

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s rampant and who’s doing who to get promoted, eww!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what is the deal? How do these people get hired and promoted? I am shocked at the lack of oncology experience here. Is there literally no oversight from HR? Is upper management okay with the lack of qualifications these people?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What exactly do you want to see qualifications to be a good manager? Disease space experience? Lots of advanced degrees?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At Astellas, it’s not what you know but who you know!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your answer says a lot and i could guess you may be doing some of the buddy hiring, or have benefitted from it. Yes, experience in the market is important, an advanced degree does help, and possessing the ability to lead if futile. It makes sense this would be so puzzling for you if you work here!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not op here, but I’ve had managers who’ve had all of these things and still be crap but you are entitled to your opinion. Personally, I want a leader, not a manager who will collaborate with me. Disease state experience is helpful sometimes, but having emotional intelligence and solid relationship building skills with my KOL’s is much more impactful.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who are the micromanagers in the AML team?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yoep, the ability to lead is important, EQ plays a big role in that. Experience is also really important, so they can help with high level customer needs. Being a good collaborator is an important skill for any position, not sure why you wouldn’t want someone who knows how to collaborate with others.