AMO, Abbott Medical Optics

Discussion in 'Abbott Device' started by Anonymous, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how is mani and mazzacco shaping up for you guys? Please all businesses are welcome to respond? We have heard a lot from the corneal business. How does cataract and refractive feel?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are fine, doing just fine over here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New leadership is turning things around with growth returning to AMO. Murthy is demanding, but sincere and transparent about the strategy. Good to see us play to win. Can't complain in surgical.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That may be so, but there's too much change. I'd like to see things settle down a bit before any new initiatives are rolled out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems all of these negative comments are from a few sour grapes. Maybe they are the problem and the reason new blood is needed. I work for Abbott Vascular and my experience with Abbott has been very positive.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's your sales meeting going for you?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top reasons to work in Corneal

10. If you have a complaint about the the Chicago Based DM, he blames you and puts you on an improvement plan

9. You enjoy listening to your DM bad mouth everyone from Catherine Mazzaco on down to your territory manager peers

8. You like to hear your DM say things like, "that national accounts guy needs to be hit by a car, and I'd like to drive"

7. You enjoy a manager and a national sales manager that allows certain reps to broke deals with optical chains to "re-brand" samples as sellable travel kits.

6. You enjoy seeing that rep who promotes selling samples get on stage at a national sales meeting to share his success story with the Corneal team.

5. You like seeing that rep being put on a pedastool as "the guy to emulate"

4. You enjoy roll playing selling scenarios with your Chicago based corneal DM in the actual doctor's office as you wait for the doc to call you back. Especially when patients are in waiting room

3. You like to be contacted by your Chicago based corneal manager on a Friday morning at 8:30 am to be told your position Has been eliminated. Oh, and then he tells you that was just a joke. (Females only of course, males you are out of luck)

2. You like to be 1 of 3 people who put an HR complaint against your Chicago based manager for all of the above and the DM gets to keep his job.

1. You enjoy knowing all 3 of the complaintents were fired or forced out of the company because of a continued hostile work environment.

It's a good company, I'm just glad I'm not on that team. Apply, and hope for the best.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Top reasons to work in Corneal

Wow!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed with the above
    - but they must ease up on the placement of pharma execs with zero surgical let alone ophthalmic background in key global device roles for IOL, Phaco and Laser.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be glad you are lucky enough to be out of the toxic environment.....There are jobs out there really!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is refractive getting groomed to be sold?
    That's why KM had to handle it to Terence Koritz? Maybe?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who would buy it - no pipeline - a shrinking market and huge investment costs

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does sales force still exist selling "blink"? Is this good opportunity and bonus potential? Car or Allowance? I heard job in Midwest may open. Appreciate any information.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it still exists..for now. Blink is the only product worth selling from this group. The contact lens solutions are just not ever going to get any traction. Co. car. Job would be better if you reported to Western Reg Mgr..East is a piece of work.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell me about the East manager?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the job and you'll find out

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's Mazzacco treating everyone?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Top reasons to work in Corneal

Karma's a bitch.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Despite 22% growth year on year! we still feel we are doing the wrong thing....our senior management are paranoid and just bullies???told not to get in a lift with CM should we say the wrong thing....like what? We know how to run our business, still on the bright side we are shafting Alcons market share

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not quite true - TK is kick starting the refractive R&D projects - he just has to work out what a laser is !