Amy watch the pharmacist on netflix ?

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by anonymous, Feb 12, 2020 at 9:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was there from 2000 on. I knew the rep whose bonus payout forced the change of the incentive comp plan for the entire co around 2004 or 2005, can’t recall the exact date.
    He was in SC. Had a pill mill operating in a clinic he did not call on. Got a bonus one quarter for 140K (approx) and the next qtr for 110K. And IF YOU WERE THERE AND UNDERSTAND PURDUES INCENTIVE program, you will know this next part is true. This rep continued on for 12-15 mos and make $0.00 in bonus after making that intial $250K in those 2 qtrs. mos
    For a long time, the incentive plan was based on sales history. If someone had the growth that earned bonuses in the ranges just discussed, there will almost always be a following cyle of a few qtrs with reduced or no bonus as any territory is limited by zip code geography and there are only just so many offices (legit or illegit) in a teriitory. He then left for another company.
    I do not know of other reps making anywhere close to this. I do know multiple reps who made $25-$50K A qtr year after year,mso yes, the pay was good.
    I never saw of heard of the rep that 800,000k a year in bonus except on the pharmacist show.
    There is a lot of bullshit floating around.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree!! I worked for Purdue for about 7 years during this time. Worked for a region that did very well. And won 3 Pres clubs myself. I averaged around 25k a quarter during those P club years. And so did my peers. I agree there could be some outrageous bonuses but usually one offs and the goals would absolutely catch up quickly. Our IC was calculated on a 5 quarter average and after 2 big quarters you’d be shut out.
    And that was with a 45-55k salary. Our base was very low back those days.