Amylin and inventiv partnership

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, Jan 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a true statement.

There is something else going on here I think they are meeting contract obligations with Amylin and just going thru the motions of interviewing reps and or just filling their database for future contract. In addition the timeframe for contracts means nothing they can stop it at any time.

Truly a total waste of effort and time. It's worse than being hired during the Christmas rush in retail only to be immediately shown the door. District Mgrs and reps are hired for these contracts and it's all temporary. You waste time here when you could land a permanent position in a new co. new industry.

Waste of precious time. Total waste of time.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's like signing up for a company where you know for sure you will be laid off except in may be sooner than 2 years it could happen instantaneous with no notice or warning. No investment in you, you are just a piece of meat.

I would think hard before doing this. It can hurt future job prospects. I would say this is a last resort at the end of your job search or used to supplement a side business that you will eventually move into full time and get away from this situation. Actually that may not be ideal since the territories are so big allowing little time for anything else.

All in all not a good deal.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amylin wants(needs) to create such a desperate atmosphere for the sales force... Uphill...Just ask the Phizer sales force. Too many things that can go wrong and if you think a patient is going play BEAKER once a week? You are crazy. And alternate injection sites with a HUGE needle? Once again, you are crazy. Not to mention your sales force knows d#ck about Diabetes. Docs are laughing about it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amylin wants(needs) to create such a desperate atmosphere for the sales force... Uphill...Just ask the Phizer sales force. Too many things that can go wrong and if you think a patient is going play BEAKER once a week? You are crazy. And alternate injection sites with a HUGE needle? Once again, you are crazy. Not to mention your sales force knows d#ck about Diabetes. Docs are laughing about it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think the contract sales force is in place rather than a permanent one so if someone is interested in buying Amylin they won't be bogged down with a massive sales force and they can just integrate existing Amylin reps into their company? It just seems weird for a potential blockbuster to be launched with one good sales force that is motivated and hungry and one sales force that is not top tier or especially committed. It can't all be cost savings.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do realize that the contract team is full of experienced reps that have been layed off recently from other pharma companies don't you? They're not kids out of college or some new hire from outside the industry. They are just like you, probably more motivated to do well, and could replace you any day.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Contract sales force not top tier or committed"....this makes me laugh! These contract reps are YOU in the very near future. :) They have been laid off from big pharma and are extremely hungry and Motivated to Kick Ass! Don't under estimate these reps, it's extremely competitive out there and they can run circles around the average rep!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to think that contract reps were "budget" and substandard, but I was replaced in big pharma by one and now I am a contract rep, so my feelings have changed somewhat. The reality of the situation is that the pharma business model is changing, and needs to change based upon the products being launched and forcasted to come out. Large sales forces with the objective of reach and frequency are becoming antiquated as products become more disease state and patient specific. Blockbusters will be a rarity and niche biotech products are becoming the norm.

With the transition pharma is going through, the fact remains that there is a very large talent pool available of excellent, very good, good and bad reps. The challenge is for the managers and interviewers to sift through the mountain of resumes and try to determine in an hour or two who is the real deal and who is a real cast-off. Bottom line remains, as with any hires, there will be superstars, solid reps as well as those who are bottom dwellers. Contract is here to stay, more companies will be using CSOs and the talent within CSOs will continue to expand.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could not have said that better. Look at what just happened at AZ and Novartis is around the corner. All these reps will be going after the same position. There will not be enough for all. So contract is not what it use to be.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The one laughing is me. Docs could care less who is coming to drop samples, give the staff free lunches etc. They don't know the difference between a rep with big pharma or cso. All they know "do you need me to sign". The industry is moving towards cso so you better prepare yourself for that day when your number is called.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Folks as with a contract sales organization, everything that has to be done is spelled out in the contract; # of daily/weekly calls, if you can add/delete docs, spending on office meals, overnite stays, sampling. And yes most contracts are signed for 2 years but anything can happen. The client (Amylin) has the right to terminate the contract whenever and as inVentiv reps there's no severance pay. Generally the day the contract ends, everythhing gets shut off; gas card, company car usage (usually Ford Fusion, Chevy Malibu 4 cyclinders not 6 any more), all of your insurance benefits and your final bonus payout, let's just say you'll never know how it was figured out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they fill the Harrisburg, PA DSM position?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to sum it up......they are nothing but a bunch of rent-a-reps who got fired from another company because they couldnt sell

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the DSM position for Harrisburg is still open. its a large geography so its been challenging to fill

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the "ignorant" fellow who claims a rent a rep was fired and does not know how to sell is the biggest most arrangant fellow. Some of these reps could sell you out. They are individuals who have because of unfortuate circumstances through downsizing have been left with no choice. Pay your mortgage or go down with Pride? Hummm, which would you take. Just hope Mr./Ms. know it all, that it does not happen to you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biggest most arrangant? Oh dear lord help us all if you are out in the field

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are there rep positions still open? I saw a job posting for my territory, but I can't tell if it is a new posting. I didn't know if there were certain parts of the nation that were difficult to fill or if this was just an old posting. Thx!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone looking to join a contract sales organization (CSO) whether from another pharma. co. or just getting into a new career know these 3 things and you will sleep better every night.
    1. Your project/contract has an endpoint, usually 2 years but no guarantee that it will last 2
    years for all the reasons good and bad.
    2. EVERYTHING you do in the field is completely spelled out in the contract: calls per day,
    # of signatures, # of top decile doctors, # of middle decile doctors, # of bottom decile
    doctors, # of samples to leave, # of doctor deletes or additions, how many times you
    have synchronize your computer, how many times you have check your e-mail.
    3. The most important thing to inVentiv is the contract.
    Of course you never get to see or read the contract so think of it as a fixed duration job for about 2 years.
    If AZ does make an offer to purchase Amylin, you think they'd keep a contract team and Amylin's team?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's like everything else. If you do a good job they will find a way to keep you. AstraZeneca does not have a diabetes sells force so I would think they would keep you.