Amylin is now a history

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, Jul 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could not control my tears. After 25 years amylin will be added in history.
    We have seen ups and down. 51$ a share to 37 cent a share. Exceptionally talented scientists bringing three first in class medicines managed by worst management teams and award winning worst CEO in biotech Mr. Daniel Bradbury (buried)
    Kevinmk one of the founder

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is sad...for the employees, for the patients, for San Diego. People worked so hard only to have the EC piss it away, along with hundreds of dedicated, hard-working employees.

One word - Karma.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One word- Business

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two words. Bad business. Or three words: greedy incompetent management. Or four words: wasteful vision-less weak leaders.

Put them all together and what do you get?

Amylin pissed away its significant lead in the GLP-1 market, ran through its bank accont like a drunk sailor, misled and obfuscated its dealings with the FDA, investors and employees which lead to mistrust, approval delays and substantial layoffs. All of these management misteps, errors and lack of foresight led Amylin to the brink of bankrupcy and forced to pursue the only exit strategy available to them. I'm sure BMS/AZ could smell the fear and desperation when they entered into negotiations.

Which leads us back to one word: disgusting.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One word - bravo!

Anyone who knows anything about how this company has been run (into the ground) is nodding their add in agreement right now. Best post today!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes! I miss the Amylin we used to have. The current Amylin needs to be taken out back and taken out of its misery.

The lack of accountability in this company is mind-blowing.

And Orville? On the off-chance that you are reading this - you are a grade A moron. I hold you personally responsible for most of these problems. But I also blame the management and board for keeping you on when it is clear you don't know what they fuck you are doing. So in a way, I actually pity you. Until I think about you sleeping on your mattress of millions of dollars. Then I don't pity you so much.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truer words were never written!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what happend to the contract reps?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reminds me of watching Pfizer take over Parke Davis.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WELL SAID!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh...are you high?

Like contract reps are a concern? lmao! This "sell" has been planned and orchestrated for years. We needed warm bodies temporarily at a cheaper price than Legacy.

Karma WILL happen and when I'm dead in a jar, I will never figure out how the "crooked" seem to win? We will never see behind their closed doors though

Gotta go it's almost 2pm ....and we need to hear Jake pontificate or lay us off.

Good luck everyone!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone find it ironic that Amylin didn't like the fact that Lilly signed a 20 year contract with BI to sell a DPP4 Inhibitor ( competing with our great drug Byetta) and Amylin sued Lilly cuz they didn't like the fact that Tadjenta would compete against Byetta. Now AZ and BMS bought Amylin and they have a DPP4 that will compete against Byetta and bydureon! We would have been better to keep our mouth shut and still be with Lilly! Boy did we lose out!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was all about getting the company in position to sell. Lilly wouldn't buy Amylin, so Amylin had an out when the Tradjenta deal happend. Getting Lilly out of the way was the needed step in order to sell the company. Bradbury is smarter than you think, it was the master plan all along.

The thing is, I think we all knew that was the master plan, it just sucks because we have to find new jobs, etc. But in the end, everything seems to work out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Dan and his cronies have been planning this for the past two years, despite their assertion to the contrary. Of course, the reason management was forced into this corner was due to their lack of foresight, extremely poor execution and cost control andm ultimately, failed leadership. Five years with Dan as CEO lost more value for shareholders than the previous twenty years. Don't forget Dan was there all along the way approving and rubberstamping the decisions of previous CEO's, so attempts to blame them only point back to his lack of vision and leadership. Either way, glad this ordeal is soon to be over. The biggest regret of most employees and shareholders it that it cost way too much to get rid of the useless four: Dan, Orville, Mark F. and Mark G. They were not going to leave until they raided the coffers and lavished themselves with undeserved rewards.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Dan and his cronies have been planning this for the past two years, despite their assertion to the contrary. Of course, the reason management was forced into this corner was due to their lack of foresight, extremely poor execution and cost control andm ultimately, failed leadership. Five years with Dan as CEO lost more value for shareholders than the previous twenty years. Don't forget Dan was there all along the way approving and rubberstamping the decisions of previous CEO's, so attempts to blame them only point back to his lack of vision and leadership. Either way, glad this ordeal is soon to be over. The biggest regret of most employees and shareholders it that it cost way too much to get rid of the useless four: Dan, Orville, Mark F. and Mark G. They were not going to leave until they raided the coffers and lavished themselves with undeserved rewards.