Amylin - The Comeback Company

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course, must be coming from the same myopic place. Once you run off the cliff, the road only seems a little 'bumpy'...until you hit bottom.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Panic investors often gave up their earnings prematurely. Cool investors would research every piece of information, look far into the horizon, then make an informed decision. Don't be impulsive.....be smart. If EU approval are days to months away, why act impulsively now?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS HAS THE BEST RELATIVE PERFORMANCE IN THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR Mar 07, 2011 (SmarTrend(R) Market Surveillance via COMTEX) -- Amylin Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMLN) ranks first with a gain of 2.62%

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Panic and impulsive sales lead to big losses. AMLN is stable considering how unstable the market has been this month. Why sell now when tQT and EU approval decision are just days away? If one or both news are positive, you would regret for a long time that you gave huge gains to other smart longterm investors. Patience is a virtue.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patience my be a virtue but you, my friend, are a fool.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amylin is so under valued 24-Mar-11 08:29 am
    Here are some reasons why Amylin is so under valued today !!
    1) Generating $400 million in revenues annually
    2) Balance sheet shows positive equity of $350 million
    3) Three drugs with pending regulatory decisions.
    4) Best Obesity Pipeline in the industry
    5) Best GLP-1 franchise in the industry
    6) Symlin untapped potential especially outside the U.S.
    7) Metreleptin Orphan Drug for Lipodystrophy
    8) Best Metabolic R&D in the industry
    9) Biocon drug candidate
    10) Potential coming from Amylin library of compounds
    If Lilly or Takeda decide to buyout Amylin they could unload 3/4 of Amylin 1300 employees, including their top heavy management and keep the company's crown jewel R&D group. Anyone who gets Amylin will immediately add $350 in equity and $400 million in annual revenues. They would be able to eliminate the bulk of Amylin's expenses and have a bright future managing Amylin's revolutionary drug pipeline. Anthing less than $30 to buyout Amylin would be insulting. JMO Kevinmik

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Kevinmik, No one give a shit about your opinion, go back to harassing the Yahoo boards and leave us ALONE. No one is giving $30 for this lead weight right now. BTW the "crown jewel" R&D was cut to the bone in August. Go away!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Comeback Company?? That may have been a good read 20 years ago, even 10 years ago, but that headline won't be read now because nobody cares. Even bubba knows you can only comeback once before you head back out to maure piles in the pasture. Amylin blew the 1 chance they had to be the Comeback Company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only chance to be the comeback company is if the management is replaced...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have W. Rote to revolutionized R&D. He will make Amylin the new Apple. He could replace Dan as CEO.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

W. Rote as CEO
    T. Carpenter as COO
    They firmly believe they can turn the company around. Why not, give them a try.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have my votes. These top 2 positions should go to BR and TC ("Americans") who speak clearly without (strong foreign) accent. These dynamic dual will be the game changer.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure you meant to type "Dynamic Douches"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ROTFLMAO Thanks, I needed that.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These 2 patriotic americans will strike the best deal for Amylin. They are excellent communicators with clear vision for success. They are the American Idols in the pharmaceutical industry.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are poster children for the Green Day album 'American Idiot'. TC lacks vision, eloquency and experience in addition to being a complete douche. BR is a better choice, but lacks experience. However, considering the current management imbeciles steering this ship into the iceberg, any one off the street will do.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A change has been given to BR for Psylin as COO. Psylin has become a blackbox sucking Amylin's money. Can you guys think any positive stuff coming from Psylin? What happens to Psylin?

A big NO to TC as well. What value has been added to the company with R&D Ops? Why do we need R&D Ops (which really contains Clinical Operations)? His position should be eliminated in my opinion.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So they failed in those positions. We get that....they were in the wrong roles. That's precisely the reason for the promotions. As CEO and COO, they will manage others who can do work where they have failed. Leadership is not about doing the work yourself. Rather, leadership is about commanding others to do the work and holding them accountable. Other executives were promoted in the same manner.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems to me the only reason we haven't seen Icahn aggressively push for Management change is because Management has capitulated and will allow the company to be sold after Bydureon is approved in Europe and the United States. The only question remaining is what share price is Icahn and the Company going to be happy with. My guess is it's going to be north of $35. Obesity has been handed over to Takeda, Lilly has Diabetes, Psylin is gone and cost cutting to spruce up financial stability is all being done ahead of the buyout. JMO
    Kevinmik

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if I fail, can I be CEO?