An honest insider post, the REAL future at GSK.....

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2007 at 11:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are planning to shit your pants and then run? Sounds a bit messy. May I suggest you pull your pants down, shit in the toilet, pull your pants up and then run.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Especially all the bull shit you write on here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boys and girls...run. Pernock is in charge of this initiative and he is nothing more than a cowardly loser!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fuck

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DSMs were not told of the layoffs until the profits announcement to Wall Street. That same day DMs that were cut were called. RVPs new and had been planning. DMs suspected but RVPs repeatedly denied it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree -DSM's might of speculated but had no official word-Let's face it folks the writing has been on the wall -big pharma did this to itself-too many reps-we all knew at some point it was going to have to change-unfortunatley, many good reps will lose their jobs and this is not a good time to be looking in this industry-everyone is laying off. In other words its really sucks!!-Cafe Pharma has been a good outlet -good comedy -and some really good info -such as the first post-
    Thanks

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

big pharma is the new tabacco in the litigation scheme of things... every major pharma co is faced with tons of costly litigation so I don't think anyone is safe where job security is concerned in the pharm industry. I say F 'em. I'm gona milk it for everything its worth..make them force me out...bastards.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like what bullshit? The bullshit about layoffs coming?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

about da BVI punk, go hallucinate some more

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take this from a DSM who has been cut...we were never told...the speculation was there, but we hoped it was simply that...I will work this out and somehow survive...I am pissed off however because of all the good reps who want and deserve to stay...the ones that should go, the losers, the ones who lost their edge and can't sell anymore...they are going to stay...that sucks for us all and especially GSK.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks OP. I really do hope that I get a severance because for the last 6 months I have only stayed and not looked for another job because of the benefits that GSK offers- good insurance, car, gas, etc.. Just remember, at least 12 weeks of severance which would be 3 months plus 60 days to look for a good job. I will get much more than that which is hopeful if it happens. This job just isn't fun or exciting anylonger and if Avandia gets black box then it will be horrible to face the docs that we have called on since the launch of Avandia. I launched the drug and it has been great at times but over the past couple of years it just seems like we were always putting out fires and they were five alarm fires!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What sucks: had a job offer from two other companies. Ran into one of the managers, they just asked if I made the right decision.

Told him to fuck himself.

Anyone think upper management will have layoffs?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, I'm not cappy, shit for brains. I've never said anything about the BVI, just lots of comments over the years about how incompetent management at GSK has been. And was I right? Hmmmm, layoffs now, probably more to come halfway through next year... no, obviously I was wrong about everything, and you, of course have been right. Next you'll be responding that all is well at GSK, and these layoff rumors will go away soon, right chief? What a complete ass you make of yourself every time you touch your keyboard.

You post to me like you know me personally, or think you do. Tell you what, if you do know me personally, and want to take it outside, I'll be happy to oblige. If you know me, I'm not hard to find at all. The internet is a wonderful thing. Contact me, and you can have a shot at me. I'll even let you land the first punch, okay? Please, really. It would make my day! And here's a little tip - don't even think of coming back with a reply about how one punch is all you'll need. That only works in the movies. Really, you can trust me on that.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a question for the "I know Everything" group because I certainly don't- But seriously, is it better to quit before you get a severance package or let GSk fund you while you are looking for another job If they are going to fire me or lay me off I think I would just adjust my attitude until it happens and let the bastards pay me I am not as smart as some of you but Does that make any sense??

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. some nitwits, but some postings are quite informative. My last 6 months on cafe pharma opened my eyes. And, most of what I believed has come true.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're going to go, might as well try and get the package. If you're not laid off, try to slack a bit without letting your administrative responsibilities slide, because I think you will see an enforcement of CPP guidelines like you've never seen before, and they won't be toying around with verbal warnings, written warnings and resignation by mutual agreement. If you're in violation, you'll get fired. But if your sales slip, you may be caught up in the next round of layoffs.

On the other hand, when Witty gets in, if he restructures the entire sales force, it may turn out to be a good place to work again. Unless you have to sell Avandia. That's gonna be a problem no matter what.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, but do not commit until they dump you, unless you find what you want. If they dump you, you will have more options for filing complaints, etc. They dumped me for some jackass reason, and as I was leaving the meeting, I had two messages from other companies with offers.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure you did Jackass!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7-11 and McDonald's?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?