An honest insider post, the REAL future at GSK.....

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2007 at 11:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are they interviewing deselected reps for openings if they are going to layoff again in the spring. Do they get fired twice because they were poor performers?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And then there are all those Reliant reps...chances are some of them will be retained, only to be let go in the next layoff...what a joke this company has become

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true because I received a coaching letter for not making quota 2 quarters in a row and was deselected.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a guess, but could be as training for ELD participants.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are calling on physicians, do they all give you a ten minute time span...on every call. To review disease state, paint the patient picture, refer to reprint, dosing and side effect profile with fair balance...do they sometimes have SICK patients to care for. Is there ever room for a 15 second call....Or are all calls staged....Just a question

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Baxter and Medtronic so kiss off loser pharma rep

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Medtronics was getting into the psych market with a new drug in the next few months. Does anyone know if this is true? This may be the place to go. They will need experienced reps with psych expertise. TIA

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't they change their name to Mudgetronics? Everything started hitting the fan after John Mudgett left GSK.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can confirm the original post.

My neighbor is an attorney with Pfizer. We've known each other since I worked there (12 years before coming to GSK 8 years ago). I showed him the original post and asked what he thought.

He said that GSK definately speaks to Pfizer on several topics, and recently this is a big one. It's all about how to do it for the lowest cost, how to avoid lawsuits, and who (there's a matrix) to deselect. Pfizer thinks they have more experience than anyone.

Also, it's not just about numbers and coaching reports. You could be posting huge numbers, but if someone thinks you're creating work for your boss (or just pissing them off) or holding your reps back in some way, you're gone. Even if your boss gets cut. There are ways to make it happen. So, there is no job security.

So get those resumes out over the shutdown.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got an RMA offer ... Four months pay and benefits. I keep my mouth shut.

Anyone else?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does RMA mean?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get the hell out now. I am trying to. This is what mgt. wants oh well. I want out. When I get a new job, I will keep GSK as long as I can milk it. I interview all the time on their time. Please everyone be aware, they will drop the ax in a very few short months. the time is now.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Resignation by Mutual Agreement

You agree to resign and not bring a lawsuit and they agree to pay you a severance. It is offered when you receive a written warning. You are told exactly how your performance must improve (usually over the next 30 days) and if you don't meet these expectations your employment will be terminated. So you have a choice:

1. Resign and take a severance or
    2. Refuse the severance and see if you can improve your performance. This is an obvious risk because no severance will be offered if you don't meet their expectations.

Choose wisely.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can also do an end run and go straight to HR when you have received the verbal warning. Tell them that your manager has a personality conflict with you (probably true) and you doubt very much whether they will ever accept your efforts regarding the development plan. Add that even if they do, you are confident it will only be a matter of time before they are on your case again (also true). Tell them you want information on resignation by mutual agreement. This works.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why on earth would you do that? When you receive a verbal warning you are given 30 to 45 days to improve performance or the next step is a written warning. By calling HR yourself you just shorted yourself out of 30 to 45 days of doing nothing but looking for another job. Your "end run" just lost you money.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I called HR Thursday and told the representative that my manager is constantly making "unwanted sexual advances towards me". This is being taken very seriously and I am off the hook. He is going to be scrutinized in every area now. I am to call them once weekly now and report all and any contact and the nature. His ass is goint to fry. bye bye.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you figure? Oh yeah, a rep calls and complains so it must be true. Now you'll call every week and provide more "truths".

If this is really true they will investigate with other members of the district and look at past instances in his file to see if similar situations have been reported. Otherwise it's he said/she said. If it's determined that you were already being scrutinized in terms of your behaviors there is a good chance that this will be seen as vindictive and any other reports you file will have no credibility.

Good luck

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager also is always putting down his wife and looking for a piece of ass. I reported him before the layoffs. He is being watched carefully and the other famales on the team have recieved a confidential call. My partner also feels he is inappropriate. He will be gone next round. I flirted back to get my promotion, now I want him gone. He is unloyal and a sex phene.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so you're saying this as a way to get an RMA package prior to a written warning? like the other poster said, why would you want to do that? unless you had another offer in hand...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make me laugh. HR is not on your side. The ball has started rolling on driving you out so my suggestion is read the tea leaves and start looking for another job. Your days are numbered here and those that remain will be miserable. Stop the suffering and get out as soon as possible.