ANAJ can we have better car choices please?

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, May 29, 2017 at 11:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please put the Toyota back on the list

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes! Is it really that much more money to offer choices not stripped down? Forget the Audis. Just asking for vehicles with decent options such as lumbar seats and power doors, etc. Could the company consider offering better vehicle options if employees paid more? We live in our cars and vans!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No kidding. I'm not even sure how economical these tiny engines are either. The difference between a 4cyl and 6cyl on a SUV might be q couple mpg, yet the engines are getting beat to shit so bad with the heavy miles we do that oftentimes they end up in the shop and probably wipe out any money you saved on fuel.

Our fleet is a joke now. When I started, I think we had close to 10 different car options. My last ordering cycle, we had 2.

Plus the work life balance car is now literally a car payment.

Won't be long until we move to car allowance. Mark my words. They'll frame it under "choice" but that will be the ultimate screw.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Soon a significant percentage of us will get to choose whatever car we like. As long as we have the credit rating and monthly payments on hand. We truly are a spoiled lot. We make six figures for catering lunch 4X a week and "seeing" 15 docs a week for a total of about 22 minutes. Why the hell should they give us Audis, $100 Chirstmas gifts, trips to Europe too? Go to Sanofi, or Publicis Touchpoint or InVentiv CP sites if you want to hear REAL complaints.

The almost free car that we drive while doing our employers bidding and shuttling the kids to play dates should be way down the list of concerns. We should be more concerned with the pending cuts, and what we will do for a living if the ax man taps us on the shoulder. I for one don't have confidence in those that saw no need to party with Express Scripts and were surprised by the rapid uptake of Basaglar (unforeseen headwinds?).

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Almost free? It's almost $300 a month for the Toyota. I wouldn't call that "almost free."

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Honestly, to do our job, we don't need a van or a large SUV. Cut those options completely. It's not the company's job to provide a minivan to haul the family around after business hours/weekends.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, we get it. You were fired and you're back here to spread the doom and gloom because you landed a fantastic device job and make over $600,000 a year. We're riding this train 'till the wheels fall off.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're right but it's not the company's responsibility to provide us with good health care. It's not the company's responsibility to give us an internet allowance. Its not their responsibility to have paid parental leave. It's not their responsibility to give us a bonus either.

These are things known as "perks." They are what attract real talent. You start removing all the perks and the good talent goes to companies that still offer it. What remains are the dregs.

Novo is still relatively competitive on perks but nowhere where they used to be and a lot of good people left long ago. If they keep continuing to nickel and dime the field force, they will end up with a mediocre caliber rep and the performance to reflect it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you! It's ridiculous the way people try to guilt you into thinking that the company is doing us a favor because they pay us! A car is a basic necessity to do our jobs efficiently and be safe on the road. The work life balance car does cost an arm and a leg! And to get a car that's crappy, then it's just better to take away all choices and maybe an allowance is better.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree with you 100%. and continue to be surprised by the entitled whiners that we work with.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I want a better fleet car or I'll ....I'll ....I'll hold my breath and...ca..ca..ca..cry to my mummy and she won't pop my zits anymore.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll second this!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait, Andy promised us last year that he was personally going to fix the fleet deal. He said the below par choices happened when he took his eye off it when he was worrying so much about reducing displacements. He'll fix it! We're allowed to wear jeans again!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ride the train as long as you like. I am doing the same, but have a solid Plan B. Unless you land a job as an admin assistant to some Managing Director of a Wall Street firm, you will never find a cushier $150,000 job than this one. But be careful in gloating about hanging out until doomsday, and then assuming that some company is going to scoop you up at the same salary. Those CSOs are loaded with Circle of Excellence winners and Hall of Fame DMs from places like Pfizer, BI, GSK, AZ, and Novartis. Am I the only one that knows this?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're going to face the same issues in most other jobs. There is no such thing as job stability anymore with any company. We are all just numbers and completely replaceable.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% agree. Limit it to a couple choices and, if possible, nicely equipped. We have a lot of windshield time! But there is no reason for the large SUVs or mini vans.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be single without a clue.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The equinox is a 175hp 4 cylinder. The back seat is barely any larger than a sedan. It has good trunk space for all the shit we need to lug around. Plus, if you do have kids, it does make life a little easier. I don't think that's such a big deal. Not all of us want to drive a 2 door coupe.

I don't have a huge problem eliminating the "work life" balance cars though. If you need a 7 seater, I think you should probably just have one for personal use.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh Lord won't you buy a Mercedes Benz my friends all drive Porches I must make amends Work hard all my lifetime no help from my friends. Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.

- Janis Joplin

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when you lug stuff around all day, carry lunches, hands full trying to open doors, spilling stuff, getting rained on, snowed on, whatever else the weather does that moment. Asking for small mercies like power doors and a decent car is not about lugging your family around and 300 dollars on a monthly basis is definitely not free. Stop being so self righteous you worthless preachers.