Anoro going to contract reps?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 10, 2019 at 11:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard multiple rumors that anoro will be going the same way as breo and going to contract? Anyone have any insight?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If that’s the case, then I would think layoffs would occur. We have 2 Anoro reps and one Trelegy rep in our territory. That’s too many people promoting one product. WTH GSK! If you are going to do that, please do it before this asinine July meeting! I

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe the July meeting is one of those “bring your car keys, here’s you ticket home” meeting? Just sayin...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word around the shipyard is that Anoro & Trelegy will be promoted by one rep. Geographies with high volume may have headcount of 2. It's been made very clear that GSK wants to focus on specialty categories. COPD does not fit that niche. Like another person said, the Elipta line has a very low profit margin. So while sales dollars are high, profit is barely above breakeven. The next step will be to have the entire Elipta line given to Syneos. Probably in late 2020 or 2021. While your initial reaction to my words may sting, you all know it's the truth. I urge you with the best of intentions, interview with other companies. If your not, your just sticking your head in the sand..la la la la la la..I can't hear you..la la la la. I jest. However, that's what you look and sound like. It saddens me when many of you come through HQ and ask the same question(s), Whats the future of respiratory? What's the patent life on Anoro / Trelegy? What opportunities are available to me? If you are asking those questions, you already know the answer. You just choose to put your head in the sand. La la la la la.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do the rumors around the shipyard say when we are going to one rep promoting both Anoro and Trelegy? Q3? End of year?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does it really matter? Look at the culture we work in. I'm currently interviewing. There are other companies hiring. I agree with the person who encouraged us to interview. Take control of your destiny. Been here over 16 years..ten years too long. Best of luck to all!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah it does! In November I’m eligible for retiree benefits so it would be nice to know when the poster hearing rumors at shipyard thinks this will happen!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’re eligible in November you will be Fine. If it’s a larger layoff gsk also has to go thru a warn period. Traditionally this timeline has always been September. They want people off the books by December.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i would bet that’s the “big” announcement happening at the Orlando meeting

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So glad I got canned Christmas Eve last year.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kind of like Deirdres announcement in New Orleans that there would be no layoffs.....then dropped her shoe

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I doubt the “big announcement “ at the meeting will be layoffs. They will want to hide behind doors and make the announcement via a teleconference!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell I got my boss to manage me out. Got an enormous severance package and even got unemployment! Life is good!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the last post. I raised my hand last year to be laid off and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I’m 64 with 37 years of service and was definitely ready to “retire” from GSK. For me personally the timing was great. I received a huge severance plus vacation pay and target bonus. I have never taken unemployment in my life but when I read in the GSK severance guidelines that I may be eligible I checked it out and found out that I was. I’m still getting unemployment all legit. Lastly, I still have my health care for the same amount I was paying while employed. When I turn 65 later this year I will transition to Medicare. On top of all that 401K and cash balance pension. Like everyone else I put up with a lot of crap the last many years but in the end it was all worth it. Life is good......

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It may be legal but you and #13 are both welfare queens/kings. Congrats on burdening your State unnecessarily, but of course, as drug reps you saved the health of so many lives I guess you are entitled to it. Bottom feeders. After 21 years I too was severanced out (hallelujah) last year but have enough $ saved to keep my pride.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company has created the most toxic culture in corporate America!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To #15. FYI.......I worked in corporate America continuously for over 40 years. I don’t even want to know how much I paid into the system. Did I think that I would ever take unemployment, no I did not. I didn’t ask to be laid off but I was. If the very company who laid me off said I was eligible for unemployment and my state agrees I’d be a fool not to take it.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No matter how you rationalize the decision, an entitlement attitude is still required...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Congrats to you....you have done great. GSK really turned bad after merging with SKF. I'm 64 and retired form AZ. I did not get all the neat stuff you did but I have $1.6m in the bank and of course no debt. Hope you have a great retirement....you earned it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think it’s entitlement to take advantage of a benefit you’ve been paying into since your first paycheck?