Another lay off coming to CV

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, May 16, 2023 at 3:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep that’s right. Around thanksgiving time. It’s pretty much almost confirmed by upper management. Also, entresto will be skinny generic soon

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Pretty much almost”
    Stfu

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

because my manager said to keep it in the down low. Don’t sound bitter that you’re gonna be jobless soon

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sadly I actually believe this is true. Seems like they’ve really slowed on their urgency to post open positions.
    My region is a mess. Just another day with Novartis. I would have loved to get a severance.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your cv manager doesn’t know anything

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my cv manager is actually pretty right and reliable

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Should have just ripped the bandaid off and done a bigger layoff in the first place. All of these geographies are way too small and not sustainable long term. It wasn't great before the reorg, but now it's a complete disaster with accounts all chopped up and 20 different hands in the same pot trying to make 6 targeted calls per day off a list that's only 60-75 targets to begin with. Did we just take a Time Machine back to the 90's? Outdated and unimaginative thinking isn't going to sell Leqvio

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish my geography was smaller. Literally doubled in size. 2-3 hrs each way

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old news.

This is NOT new, for those who read other investment publications and don't drink the Kool-Aid.

Enjoy the remaining months.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is great - a Time Machine back to the 90’s! That’s exactly what has happened in most divisions within Novartis. Will surely get us to top 5 in 2025

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Back in the 90's you were provided with timely, reliable sales data.
    A year and a half post-launch and we're not even getting PRISM data.
    Take a bow, Novartis.
    You are only behind by thirty years.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is another problem with Novartis treating every geography as equal and trying to fit it into a metric box. What works down south or in the mid west probably isn't going to fly in the pacific NE or NE. Should be adjusting these geographies to what the market conditions are regionally. Some geographies literally have 1-2 buildings and that's not sustainable then you have someone else trying to drive 100's of miles a day. And no one is actually trying to figure out how to get leqvio moving because spending all their time chasing a metric

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, you’re a primary care rep? I’m sure you have something worthy to add to the discussion…not

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The “leaders” don’t care. They just don’t. So leqvio will fail until they do. It’s as simple as that. We are all replaceable to them. We’ve had a reorg, expansion, another expansion & now a reorg/downsize in less than 3 years. This is not stable leadership. We are graded on activity metrics because they don’t care about our performance or bonuses. What do you think their motivators are? It’s not customers, employees or patients. It’s their retirement packages and stock options.

I feel for the people who want to stay but I understand everyone has different motivating factors. For the time being, I can grit my teeth through the multitude of absurd teams meetings because it allows me to work 4 hours a day and make $175k a year. Most legacy css’s are looking for new opportunities and are finding things quickly.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey news flash. Pcp reps have already been working large territories and theirs likely got smaller. The people who are complaining about the “larger” territories are the former CV reps who weren’t racking up the miles.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so good big boy, these dippers rock

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

please. At Novartis being successful at the job you are assigned isn’t accepted if you’re not playing managements game.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have a dream geography. Are you aware that other TAs have geography that covers several states or that fly to parts of their geography. Be grateful.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another reorganization is coming. Sooner than later. Don’t get stuck sticking around because there will be that many more people on the street then looking for work. I know it’s uncomfortable and tedious. But you owe it to yourself to get out on your own terms and let this place sink to the bottom. Nothing is going to change.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We can all wring our hands and point out the myriad, endless fuckups associated with the Leqvio launch, but the only thing you really need to understand is Duane, Jeff and Sandeep are still here.
    As long as that is the case, Victor and Dez clearly don't care.
    You can fire, reorg and metric the reps a hundred times over, but the true rot lies at the top.
    Dez knows it, but he seems paralyzed and afraid to pull the trigger.
    Until he does, I'll take the job as seriously as he does.