Another Liberal Myth Destroyed.....Again

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by anonymous, Aug 28, 2016 at 5:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Classic example of 'pseudo intellectual theory' colliding with reality.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And this is a classic example of a liberal reacting to reality when it dashes their make-believe world.

That piece is based upon a major work of scholarship. It's intellectual pedigree is firmly established. Your beliefs are what is "pseudo intellectual".

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks good on paper, doesn't fly.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Translation: don't confuse me with the facts! My mind is made up and I'll deny reality to the bitter end!

5. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

So what are you saying? Are you saying that the majority of people in this country abstain from premarital sex?
    Or are you saying you think they should abstain.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not about what I think. It's about the clear evidence and plain logic that proves that for both individuals in particular and society in general abstention from premarital sex is by far the best course.

7. #647 Vagitarian, May 31, 2017 at 8:50 AM
    Last edited: May 31, 2017 at 9:51 AM
    Vagitarian

Nice dodge. In post #635 you said, "The vast majority in our nation accept the Bible as authoritative."

So if the vast majority accepts it as authoritative, that's over half, right? So answer my question. Do you stand by your statement? Do you really believe over half of this country abstains from premarital sex? Yes or no!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Sparky, looks like Vag nailed you on this one. Like I said before, looks good on paper, doesn't fly. :rolleyes:

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! I see you doubled down on your stupidity.

I've already established that it works in reality, doesn't just look good on paper and then you're stupid enough to think that Vag has nailed something other than his foot to the floor. Pitiful!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No dodge on my part, just intellectual incompetence on yours.

The two assertions are not mutually exclusive. Think about it. Try to use your brain. Try to do some critical thinking. Both can be true and in fact are.

I know it's hard for you to not take everything back to sex, but try to think of non sexual situations where people's practice may not line up with what they accept as the authority on what they should do. This is an easy thing to do, but can you do it?

11. #651 Vagitarian, May 31, 2017 at 3:05 PM
    Last edited: May 31, 2017 at 3:42 PM
    Vagitarian

You're dancing around the issue but answered one half the question. Do you remember my question?

My question was a 2 part question:
    1) Are you saying that the majority of people in this country abstain from premarital sex?
    2) Or are you saying you think they should abstain.

Your answer was a long winded dance to avoid part 1) then a long winded version of 2) 'should'. And we both know the reality is - the majority simply doesn't wait. The majority (over 50%) of people do not refrain from sex before marriage. So what the other distinguished poster said about 'looks good on paper but' is accurate. Sex is an integral part of courtship and something fun to do on a date. End of story. Apparently you never took a date to a drive in movie? :cool:

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ease up, dude! Your intellectual incompetence has already been established. I provided a very good and complete answer. You just can't process it. As usual, you are only capable of very rudimentary thought processes and I'm being generous here.

No, it doesn't just look good on paper. I cited a source which reflected a solid scholarly research report on the negative impact of lax sexual morality. That's been established. We will and are paying a high price for our lax sexual morals. That said, a majority still regards the Bible as being authoritative as to what should be the standard even though most may not live up to that standard. That is to our detriment idiot boy!

People realize what the health authorities say about diet and exercise. The fact that most people don't follow those standards is not a good thing. It's a bad thing. People should do better. It's no different with the Bible and sex. People know what the good standard is and recognize that as authoritative regardless of whether they live according to the standard or not.

You've got no evidence and no logic to back up your position. As always with you it boils down to: if it feels good, do it. I've got no good morals and no self discipline and I like it that way.

That's you!

13. Vagitarian

So - for the 3rd time: 1) Are you saying that the majority of people in this country abstain from premarital sex?
    Simple question, do you have a one word answer? :cool:

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! Let me catch my breath for a moment!

You, the lowly idiot boy and all time champion direct question dodger have the nerve to ask me that? :rolleyes:

Once again you attribute words to me that I never said. You have a bad habit of putting words in other people's mouths because you can't read or think properly.

Listen, idiot boy, you'd be far better served to assume that if you know something, well, something that is actually true, I know it as well and more.

I know exactly what the state of things is regarding sexual practices in this nation. Unlike you, I'm a realist. I deal with facts. I don't run from unpleasant facts like you do!

Now that I've administered your spanking and your little bottom is stinging and red, daddy will do you the courtesy of answering your question, since you are obviously too stupid to add 1+1 and get 2.

The answer to your question is: No.

And we are worse off as individuals and as a society because of it. Oh we can break God's laws and we often do in this nation, but in the end we wind up breaking ourselves on God's laws because we wouldn't follow them.

15. #655 Vagitarian, May 31, 2017 at 9:03 PM
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017 at 12:50 AM
    Vagitarian

gods laws, schmod's laws. this is a stupid line of thinking. Why doesn't your god develop an antibiotic that makes STDs disappear? You want rational thinking? Tell him about it. Answer? He/she can't because he/she is powerless and doesn't give a rat's ass. End of story, your god is a schlump.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope! You're the schlump!

The village idiot who keeps repeating the same old lame dime store theology while thinking you're so insightful. You possess all the sophistication of a 5 year old. You want God to create antibiotics to cure STDs. How great of you. That's so much more important than a cure for cancer which is often not brought on by reckless behavior.

Yep, you're the real schlump! End of story!

17. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

Sorry. I ain't marrying someone I haven't fucked first. That's irrational.

18. Vagitarian

The point is, he didn't do ether because he can't. :rolleyes:

19. Vagitarian

Nobody does, well maybe a few cultists but otherwise, it just doesn't happen.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, it's not. It's sensible. It's moral. It's all about attitude and relationship. If that's there, then the sex takes care of itself.