Another pointless POA

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Headed to another POA to listen to managers telling us what to do. The problem is that they have absolutely no grasp on what really makes a doctor prescribe. The meetings torture us with fantasy role playing of nonsense strategy. Decisions are made so high up the ladder in Alcon that reps who actually talk to doctors are never asked for their honest input. Honesty at Alcon is considered 'below the line'. They can't handle the truth. So we'll all play pretend for a few days at the POA and then go home and sell the way it really works. That is until you get a DM ride along, then you have to play act again. What a silly waste of time.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah and they won't even buy the booze to help self medicate just to get through the BS

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't miss those POAs (main reason I left)...been gone for years but there are some great people at Alcon so I do still cruise this board.

I love the people after the POAs that leave success stories the first working day back that say something like "I used the new 5 part plan that we learned about last week and I just converted every single Doctor I spoke to! What a useful meeting! I am ready to go take on the world."

then that story gets forwarded to your DM's boss, etc etc...

BARF.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am with you brother. POA is the biggest bullshit ALCON has. Bromday/Bepreve always going to kill us. What a waste.See you at the POA..

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when and where are the POA's? are they at least picking a better destination than when I was there? oh, and the grass isn't always greener on the other side...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The two things I like about the POAs

1) The food is pretty good generally
    2) It is easy to zone out most of the day

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Three Things I Love About POA'S

1. Staring at ugly chicks that think they are 10's.

2. Staring at Upper Management that have IQ'S in the 10's.

3. Staring at the POA Materials that had to be designed by Children that are 10!

If Alcon POA's were a third tier Country Music Festival in a Trailer Park in Texas with a softball league for schmucks that never played sports that went to a Southern College that never got picked to play dodgeball who havent seen a gym since watching Rocky...... Then the people at Alcon would fit in and the crowd at the POA'S would make sense.... until then, we are stuck with the Bad News Bears version of the Bad News Bears!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMFAO!!!!! This is so true!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so for us ex-employees out here, where and when are the POA's?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the ex-employees who care where the POA's are.... Don't worry... There is always a party in your mouth and everyone is coming!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your so disgusted believe me a whistleblower attorney would love to hear about all Alcon's kickbacks and you will get a pay check!!!! Get an attorney from the TAF web site.If their not doing kickbacks now,they did years passed and DOJ will go back 10 years!!! Fuck them,they fuck you out everything if you don't bring in the numbers.Won't hurt to file suit on the kickbacks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My favorite part of the POA's is definitely when everyone gets drunk and hooks up. Yes, for all those who turn in after dinner, people do party pretty hard here and multiple people always hook up. What really makes me laugh is when they think they're being discreet and no one will ever, ever find out. Right!!! Everyone knows everything that goes on. How can you be so naive to think people won't find out. I can't wait for the POA. I'll be at the bar!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So basically nothing has changed in 20 years.