Another re-org?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But who would buy it? They have no assets except for some dirty concentrators and outdated computer equiptment. The only thing they can sell that may have some market value is a list of disgruntled, sickly patients who may or may not be billing or even alive.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 things.

1 - last laugh is in reference to me being right and you being wrong. This will blow over, PPS (or whatever dba we use in the future) will keep on going. Bump in the road. Big, scary bump, but still a bump. No, the FBI was not funny, I was thoroughly freaked when they gathered us all in the Training room for hours and went through our desks. But as with all things, this too shall pass. The new CFO and new CCO are making some fantastic changes and JT seems to be doing well as CEO from what I have seen. The feedback email and shout outs have been successful and hopefully this will keep fueling the turnaround.

2 - vacation time off around holidays is nothing new. This same decision was made a few years ago (though I thought that it was a one time deal) and it is happening again. GL is trying to meet budget and the CFO is doing what she can to get us there. Not being sold, trust me. The "being sold" rumor pop up all the time, and even when the company was sold to Teijin it wasn't a gigantic disaster that posters on CafePharma predicted.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, and in regards to the feedback email - I sent one in, have you? I sent mine in and got a 40 minute discussion with JT about my thoughts and how to fix things. I have already seen benefits in my day to day actually.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The companies biggest asset in all of this are the patients. Those patients currently being serviced by PPS are worth every dollar of revenue they have left before they are capped out. The purchasing company just rolls them into a local branch that has a support team waiting for them. The purchasing company all ready has everything to service the patients in the form a branch location. If a branch of PPS had 200 02 clients the ( new ) provider probably would not need to hire anyone or change anything to service the patient. Just a bunch of new revenue to count while PPS pays back what it can to its creditors. Those of you in the field will most likely be cut when a acquisition takes place. I have said this on this board before. If your branch has a sales opening that has been open for a year or more, if corporate keeps asking for a asset list ( asking you for a count of everything including computers and office equipment ) then your location or the whole mess is probably for sale.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My firm belief is PPS will sell off all it's patients regions at a time. There are no big investments in anything that shows a plan to be around for awhile.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lucky you. I sent mine in, too. Received absolutely no acknowledgment, got to listen to an "all-hands call" where Jane read her scripted message about "LOYALTY." Then was among the latest layoffs later in the week. And they're right: I received my severance after my signed acceptance of their terms (no claims, no "badmouthing").

I get to keep the two scars on my arm where dogs bit me while I was delivering pulse oxes. That will be something to remind me of my "loyalty."

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, This is obviously NOT someone from PPS. A troll looking for arguments. Read their above post. I too was at corporate the day of the raid and NOONE was sent into a room for hours. GEEZ, Someone has been watching too many movies.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was included in a layoff that is effective Dec 4th - but get to "technically" be employed until Jan 4th - I believe that would be considered "around the holidays"

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, we definitely did sit in there for hours. Unless you were in IT and were providing server access, or you are an exec and were in CKs office, or you are Kurt or KayVee and were leading agents over to your teams area to have their stuff rifles through and seized. me? I was in the phone with Ridgecrest who called me because the FBI just showed up at their office. I was on the phone with then when agents came around the corner with guns. So don't tell me that I am a troll and I wasn't there.

What, by chance, do you think happened? They let us just sit at our desks? They sent us home after 10 minutes?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alright, moving on .....

New GM structure makes it seem like corporate is at least interested in getting back to the local touch, which is good. There was a time when we were known for customer service, maybe we can get back there?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was there when ppsc hired a person who wanted a chance, they would hire them to start a new area and support them to grow it, that is where the good customer service came from. One person actally working out of their home until there were enough patients to open a center, then they were the sales and delivery person until enough patients to hire a driver and they were rewarded for their efforts, This was before Kane and Doty. Their were not center managers because everyone worked together for the good of their center and were bonused based on growth every quarter. Then Kane took over and the people that grew their areas originally started to be railroaded out of the company, The presidents club was changed and a lot of people when they got into their 4th year were termed for some reason so they could not collect, then it was all down hill from there. Everthing happening is just karma coming back around. If Oig and medicare truly wanted to eradicate fraud and abuse Lincare, Apria, PPSC and Rotech would not be in business, but we all know better. There is more money in big fines every 5 years than in pulling their numbers

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PPS is a sinking organization! PPS lacks leadership and vision. I met JT and I can tell you from personal experience she doesn't have what it takes to turn things around. In fact all things point to a quick balancing of the P&L and unloading. CP was a clueless VP and promoted her cronies based on the sole criteria of their personal relationship, not talent, ability and/or success. In my short time I quickly discovered that the company was complacent in former DSM/DOMS allowing PCCs to deliver nebulizers to clinics in exchange for referrals, giving patients POC devices for free to earn more business from physicians etc. Nebulizers that had never been tracked in the system, Hello what if there is a recall either manufacturer, FDA etc??? Many of the patients that had been on service required a "restart" because their was a lack of any type of documentation including Rx's, ABGs, OPO's, Medical Records. The problems with PPS go back much further than Kane, Farmer, Winters etc, they start with Kelley (Braden Partners). The FBI raid in my very strong opinion was warranted and well over due. PPS is a mess and I for one am glad I am no longer on that train wreck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You seem to forget Peter Kelly in your trip down memory lane.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually I liked Peter Kelly, he really didn't do much with the company, he left that to Tim Martin, Abdul and others, he was to busy at Stanford. But his brother, that was a different story, when he was put in charge of training, all I can say is oh my god

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope so. I agree the GM structure may allow for closer management to the field and moving functions back should improve customer service which is exactly what needs to happen. It's somewhat of a shame however it has taken this long for corporate to be "interested". A lot of what is happening now has been strongly suggested for some time, years actually and could have been accomplished several re-orgs ago. Now, instead of having a reasonable amount of time to transition and a small chance of sanity, I was informed today that we would start taking calls and owning faxes next week. Even with COI, P360, CCM there was a roll-out. Not this time. It's all coming at once. I guess we better get it right because there is no room for error.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your former VPs asked for it. Enjoy!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every GM asked for it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PPS will not be in the mix of DME or Home Care Services. PPS cant do 3 (really 2 as they are rapidly exiting PAP therapy) simple services right. For all their talk about expanding services into Home Care/Hospice which is far more complex, would be even a larger drain on resources they do not have. Tejin bought a lemon plain and simple they are putting lip stick and rouge on a pig and trying to sell it at the county fair.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember when the Japanese bought Peeble Beach?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I chuckled, thanks for that :). You probably don't realize how big Teijin really is, do you? We are talking DuPont scale here. Not some petty laundering operation.