Antech is a HELLHOLE -- Stay away !!

Discussion in 'Antech Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have any synapses that work in your feeble minds, Antech Territory Manager wannabes, you'll skip this 'opportunity' as you'll never hit your numbers and when you don't, management is SO unethical that they'll fill your position, while you're out trying to underbid Idexx. Then they'll tell you they want to 'travel' with you (and normally no one does as there's no training nor field support), then the lucky (and slimey) district manager will take your keys and say 'Sayonara'. YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT YOU!!!!

You'll be doubly screwed because they won't hire you unless you sign an employment contract waiving your rights to sue them for lousy behavior.

Oh BTW, there's no HR department to speak of, so you won't get any help!!!

It's just a GREAT bunch to work for! Be forewarned. If you're interviewing, call a vet clinic in your area and get the name of the unsuspecting rep and call him/her....you'll get the REAL scoop.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So right!...Ask your manager how the company can throw annual six-figure kickbacks to vet clinics who threaten to leave for IDEXX, dropping prices (you won't get any commissions now), while paying you a lousy $40-50K per year.

In the meantime, while you're trying to protect existing business, running in circles, all lab departments/couriers/customer service will be doing is fucking up your specimens, so now you're also spending ALL your time fixing problems that you have no control over. and your boss will call you every night, but won't answer his phone when you need help.

This place is a clusterfuck for losers who know how to bribe, not sell.
    I can't sleep anymore and have an ulcer because everytime my phone rings, it's a clinic jumping ship, or that asshole in dispatch telling me another clinic has cancelled pick ups ( he thinks it's funny...nice). I DO EVERYTHING I can to please my hospitals and Antech DOES EVERYTHING TO SCREW UP!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only people who do not know that Antech sales has become complete garbage are the people who do not know the animal health industry. Don't be suprised if these are your next round of new hires. I've been away from Antech and selling for another company for over a year, and the reputations with Antech and Idexx are HORRIBLE. If you get let go from this sh*t hole, consider yourself one of the lucky ones!
    Now I have seen how Antech sales is considered everywhere else: The job you take as a total last resort, if you are entry level, or as a transition into vet sales before the next job with better pay and real selling. Sorry to anyone still stuck here, but the truth is that reps from many other companies feel sorry for lab sales reps, or laugh at them when they act like a big deal because they've seen and heard it all. MANY other companies are better than Antech (and Idexx). You will be so happy and relieved on the other side. Good luck!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it great that your Sr. Mgmt and RSM's are looking out for you when you work so hard? Don't you love those deals with huge checks, leaving you empty handed when you do so much of the work on the front end? No, really...they appreciate you though! Just let them tell you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah, I know how much I'm appreciated everytime I DON"T get paid commission after getting screwed by my accounts AND the company I work for. This place SUCKS,SUCKS, SUCKS and so do all the sceevey managers, from Josh Drake, to Mark Michael, to Sal Rallo, to itty bitty Sean Hayes, and beyond. And some of my territory manager colleagues, ya couldn't be less professional, could ya? The previous Antech rep in the previous post has it right.....we're the laughing/pathetic stock of the industry because it's NOT SELLING!

Say it out loud: B R I B E

How you low-rent slimeballs can live with yourselves is beyond belief.

Just a matter of time before the business implodes further, while I job hunt like crazy using the company 'resources'. Take advantage for yourselves, territory managers!!!!

Hmmm, maybe I'll have that professional work-up done to my resume and charge Antech for it. YES!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL!
    SH along with the other RSMs only confirms that this company is driven by sewer level ASS kissing. Have you ever seen more sucking up at any other company in your life? How pathetic are these people? Can you imagine feeling the need to kiss ANYONE's ass at Antech? How degrading! On top of everything else you need to juggle in your territory manager job, don't forget to brush up on your ass kissing skills. Sr. Mgmt and RSMs love to treat you like garbage while you feed their egos, and SH is a perfect example! And JD and SR? Worthless. What have they done except sink this company to an all time LOW?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess this means I'll stop waiting by the mailbox for my holiday bonus?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, this thread is kinda hilarious because it is SO TRUE! I remember the sleepless nights and feeling like I had an ulcer like one of the other posters because so much is out of your control. The TMs were just the final link in the chain of blame so we always got to be the ones who cleaned up other people's messes. JD is about as gross as any guy I've ever met, other than Darin. And yep, it's definitely true that lab reps have such bad reps in the industry. I've had Idexx tried to recruit me after Antech and politely turned them down--they then asked if I had anyone to refer. I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to a reference lab sales job, but I absolutely believe Antech is the worst.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VCA side here. I hope JD never returns in this direction. The conditions with Antech have been circulating more in the last several months, and these posts all make sense. That guy isn't fit to run a toaster, let alone a company. What an embarassment and a shame.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be fair, Idexx sucks juts as much. The management is non existant, they are firing the veteran reps and hiring these military yahoos who can follow orders but have no sales experience, and get paid half of the older reps. The whole industry is becoming a joke.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. This part of the industry has been a huge joke for awhile. When reputable animal health recruiters are advising candidates to take an offer from either company ONLY out of desperation in this economy, you know it's really bad. Clients are talking now too.

To anyone left here that has a few brain cells, work your way out as fast as you can. You don't want your professional reputation declining right along with these hacks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for IDEXX as a courier, and I can say with confidence that it is a well-run company. It just so happens part of my route overlapped with an ANTECH courier's route, and we would have discussions about our respective companies. I heard very bad things about ANTECH, and it was the kind of information that would make me reluctant to join that outfit as a courier. In this case, the courier in question used a personal vehicle. I don't consider that a viable working condition because the length of their routes would pile up miles on a car, and quickly wear out the key components. Other matters discussed concerned short-timing the couriers, non-reimbursement for expenses, etc. I would avoid ANTECH if all these complaints were valid.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because JD is a dirty cheap idiot who has no clue what he's doing. He likes everything cheap, and it shows with the employees at Antech.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And if you are a female rep, your regional manager will want to have sex with you. Particularly CN!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our rep is a loud large obnoxious piece of garbage.
    Every time she pulls up into the parking lot, we run for cover. Does anyone else share our pain? We are contracted and can't wait until it's over! Or until someone gets a clue about this idiot.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does she say ignorant and inappropriate things in front of her associates and management? Does she smooch the asses of upper management so much it's sickening to watch? Does she pitch the most unprofessional fits to get her way, thinking it makes her seem stronger? Don't worry, she won't be your rep for long. With the way things work at this shit company, the next time you see her she'll be promoted.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our rep is suddenly gone. Is there a big turnover at this company? This is the first rep we've had that worked with us to increase our revenue, and in turn we send a lot more to Antech. However, if the service drops, we will be looking elsewhere.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Likely one of two things happened. She either realized what a dump she was working for and escaped, or she was professional and cared about her clients (therefore making her hard to employ by a company like Antech).

Don't worry- you will probably get some loud mouthed idiot to fill her shoes.
    You can always go to Idexx?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest